Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to disable the automatic AC when the vent is set to Defrost (windshield) or defrost/floor?

With Fall and Winter in Seattle, the defroster needs to be on pretty much all the time, but AC is neither needed nor economical.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
But you can simply turn it off at the switch after it has defaulted to on.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have no way to turn it off. The AC light does not come on, and hitting the AC button does nothing. Seems like the vent control overrides the AC control.

I know there's likely some wiring modification that can be done to eliminate this "feature," but it's a bit of a hassle.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I'm confused, are you saying if you set the vent to the windshield the AC comes on? That doesn't happen in my CX3. The one thing I can't change when setting the vent to windshield or windshield/floor is whether I want outside air or inside air to recirculate. By default it brings in outside air, which makes sense because you will get serious fogging if you recirculate the air inside.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm confused, are you saying if you set the vent to the windshield the AC comes on? That doesn't happen in my CX3.
Yes, exactly. The AC compressor will start cycling on and off every 10 seconds or so when vent is set to windshield or windshield/floor. Very noticeable at idle.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have no way to turn it off. The AC light does not come on, and hitting the AC button does nothing. Seems like the vent control overrides the AC control.

I know there's likely some wiring modification that can be done to eliminate this "feature," but it's a bit of a hassle.
If the light doesn't come on, then how do you know that the AC is on?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you live in a humid area in the winter, the defroster needs to be on 100% of the time. There needs to be constant airflow to keep your windshield clear, but AC is not necessary. Just regular airflow.

It's simply a waste to have AC on all the time.

·
Registered
893 Posts
If you live in a humid area in the winter, the defroster needs to be on 100% of the time. There needs to be constant airflow to keep your windshield clear, but AC is not necessary. Just regular airflow.

It's simply a waste to have AC on all the time.
Not so sure about that, I live in a humid area and even in the winter I need to have the AC on otherwise the windshield fogs up. The airflow by itself doesn't help.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Im still super confused over this whole discussion. AFAIK, at least in the canadian models - if you set the vent location to windshield and turn the fans on, the orange light illuminates (i assume this means condenser runs). BUT, you can press the circle button and the orange light goes off.

Are you saying even if I turn the orange light off, the AC condenser is still functioning? Or do you guys not have the function to turn the orange light off?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts