Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes we all now know that Ceramic Metallic is the sleeper hit of the 2016 CX-3 palette. It's a sweet tint indeed.

Has anyone seen the two blues next to each other at a dealer? Does the deep crystal shift in the light like titanium flash and ceramic metallic? How about the dynamic blue?

Color swatches in the US CX-3 brochure and online pix just don't capture the paints well.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have the Dynamic Blue and I've seen it next to the Deep Blue and for me it was no contest. Dynamic Blue all the way...but, if the Deep Blue was the only blue offered I would definitely not feel bad about going for it.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought Massachusetts is the Bay State. Not Virginia. Lol

I have a deposit on the Dynamic but Deep Crystal might be coming here first. Tough call.

·
Registered
240 Posts
BaystateBlue, I was in the same boat. I love how the Dynamic Blue pops and now that I have the windows tinted it pops even more. Just like you, If the Deep Crystal Blue was the only blue available I would have bought that. I have gone from Black Vehicles to blue back to black. This Dynamic Blue Mica just felt right to me!

·
Registered
11 Posts
To me the Dynamic Blue is young and fun and the Deep Crystal Blue Mica is a bit more grown up. When my Aunt was looking at getting a 3 I saw the Deep Crystal Blue Mica on a 6 and thought it looked lovely in the sun. When it came to ordering my CX3 I was tossing up between the white and crystal blue, I went blue. It just felt right to me (much like Rampant), I'm looking at keeping this car for a while (famous last words) and so wanted a grown up colour. That's not saying the other blue isn't awesome. I think if my Mum got one she would love the Dynamic Blue, nice and bright.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have a feeling that the brighter blue may look dated in the future, while the other blue has a bit more staying power. Both are great colors though.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Interesting thoughts! Thanks all.

Making me think I'm slightly too old for the Dynamic Blue. >:)

·
Registered
240 Posts
I turn 38 in October, so I hope I am not needing to shave any extra off yet haha :)

Videone, I like the way the red/black go with the blue, I think a tan and black would have looked pretty cool. (I saw in Japan they have a tan leather interior) I know some people that are hellbent against the red/black combo. I can't really say I dislike anything about the fit/finish or colors.

Reactions: riosx2013

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm old as dirt so I suppose I fit the demographic for Deep Blue Crystal Mica. :)

I really like it though. It looks slightly different in bright sun, in cloudy daylight, and in harsher night lighting.
Haha, I'm not 30 yet and I fit the demographic!

It's all about what appeals to you. I went in to sign some paperwork today for registration and they had a deep blue one in the lot, it really looked classy.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I don't think that the Deep Blue Crystal is offered on the CX-3 in Canada.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Finally got to see Dynamic Blue in the flesh as it were. Parked my Deep Crystal next to it for a comparison.
(Partly overcast skies; photographed with an iPhone.)

Tooling around Boston in mine and have gotten plenty of stairs since I arrived last night.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I think the CX-3 looks amazing in any colour & trim but I am especially thrilled with my Ceramic Metallic :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts