Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dashboard on my 2017 CX3 GT seems to have only two levels of illumination. Full bright and dim. I tend to drive with all my exterior lights on especially at this time of year but sometimes find the full bright setting too much. It's mostly noticeable when using the nav screen on overcast, rainy days. Is this normal? Every other vehicle that I've owned has had easily adjustable dashboard brightness. It's mostly the nav screen that's too bright not so much the instrument cluster.

·
Registered
872 Posts
There should be full bright, then the ability to adjust the level of brightness. There is bit of a leap between full bright and the highest setting within the adjustable range. I don't know of any solutions to bridge the gap.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The dashboard on my 2017 CX3 GT seems to have only two levels of illumination. Full bright and dim. I tend to drive with all my exterior lights on especially at this time of year but sometimes find the full bright setting too much. It's mostly noticeable when using the nav screen on overcast, rainy days. Is this normal? Every other vehicle that I've owned has had easily adjustable dashboard brightness. It's mostly the nav screen that's too bright not so much the instrument cluster.
I've had the same experience. It seems to be pretty much a binary system: You get full bright or dim. I haven't noticed much nuance/gradation in between.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've had the same experience. It seems to be pretty much a binary system: You get full bright or dim. I haven't noticed much nuance/gradation in between.
Mine is fully adjustable from full light to almost very weak?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Mine is fully adjustable from full light to almost very weak?
I think what they mean (and what I've also noticed) is that the difference between full bright and the next lowest brightness setting is too great.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I think what they mean (and what I've also noticed) is that the difference between full bright and the next lowest brightness setting is too great.
I believe this is a Mazda (as in the company) preference. Since I have the LED daytime driving lights, I only turn on my headlights at night when the sun is setting (or heavy rainstorms, intense fog, and apocalyptic conditions). When it is just after dawn or just after dusk the difference between lights on and lights off really dims the display (especially the infotainment). I simply turn up the interior lights until it is dark enough to dim them - no biggie. The same was true on my last Mazda as well. First world problems?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Haha definitely first word problems. But you kind of expect it to behave normally, like other cars. But then again Mazda isn't a "normal" company, and I don't mean that in a bad way!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts