Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
542 Posts
Mine is the same. My local dealer tends to make things worse whenever I bring my cars in so I'm just pretending it isn't there.

·
Super Moderator
108 Posts
The dealer will fix that and you will have panel gaps 5x that amount where now there are none. I had my door card replaced and had to reassemble it back together due to rattles and poor fitment. If you decide to go the dealer route, keep us posted. Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
542 Posts
The dealer will fix that and you will have panel gaps 5x that amount where now there are none. I had my door card replaced and had to reassemble it back together due to rattles and poor fitment. If you decide to go the dealer route, keep us posted. Good luck!
I think this is hit and miss. I've had dealers take care of things like this perfectly. Just not the only Mazda dealer within a 1 hour radius from me.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Will the gap disappear once the car is stored under shade?

Direct sunlight with unusually high cabin temperatures tend to wreak havoc on all dash components. If the material expanded, there's a chance that it may contract once cooled off.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I park my car in a garage. Once I got in the car and was waiting in a parking lot for something when I noticed it. And I see it every morning when I go to work at 5am everyday.

Will the gap disappear once the car is stored under shade?

Direct sunlight with unusually high cabin temperatures tend to wreak havoc on all dash components. If the material expanded, there's a chance that it may contract once cooled off.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And I?m fine with that. If I get more panel gaps when they fix this one I?ll just take it back in. Every time. I have nothing but time

·
Registered
62 Posts
Could we/I see a picture of this gap? I just went through my first hot summer with Miss Peanut. I don't recall seeing any gaps on sizzling days. :confused:

Edit: Never mind. Just noticed the video in the first post - my apologies. And no, I've never seen that.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Hmm! I am wondering if you could apply some kind of injectable sealant into the gap (like bathtub or marine sealant, only black instead of white).

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update: Mazda replaced the black plastic around the cluster and it was fine for about 2 months. The gap is coming back. Ill take it back when my next oil change is due.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I recently saw the exact same problem with my 3 year old CX-3. Took it to my Mazda service centre and service person assigned to my car there said the gap is normal. WTF! I'm going to escalate this up to higher management. This is not acceptable to me. And yes, the car is mostly parked indoors too.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The gap came back so took it in today to get it fixed.. FYI Mazda will void your warranty on your dash if you tuck a dash cam wire between the dash and windshield. this wire had NOTHING to do with the gap but was denied and now my dash warranty is voided. i laughed in the guys face and walked out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The gap came back so took it in today to get it fixed.. FYI Mazda will void your warranty on your dash if you tuck a dash cam wire between the dash and windshield. this wire had NOTHING to do with the gap but was denied and now my dash warranty is voided. i laughed in the guys face and walked out.
I mean, on a technicality any type of 'outside influence' that MAY have caused something to go wrong would usually be grounds for dismissal of a specific warranty. We aren't that strict on that stuff though. Try another Mazda dealer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts