Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone

Firstly this is my first post, so please excuse me if this is posted in the wrong section or does not follow the exact 'rules' of the forum.

Secondly, I'd love to see if anybody has installed a dash cam in their CX-3.

I have recently purchased the CX3 Akira, Woow! and Absolutely love it. However the sky active cameras hide behind the rearview mirror, making it hard to position a dash cam in it's traditional, top-center position.

Does anyone have any practical suggestions of placement? At current, I have simply offset it to the top-left corner, with the 12v Cigarette lighter power cable running down the body frame,U-turning back to the door, and down under the passenger floor mat, before popping back up near the handbrake to go into the cigarette lighter port.

Thanks.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hey everyone

Firstly this is my first post, so please excuse me if this is posted in the wrong section or does not follow the exact 'rules' of the forum.

Secondly, I'd love to see if anybody has installed a dash cam in their CX-3.

I have recently purchased the CX3 Akira, Woow! and Absolutely love it. However the sky active cameras hide behind the rearview mirror, making it hard to position a dash cam in it's traditional, top-center position.

Does anyone have any practical suggestions of placement? At current, I have simply offset it to the top-left corner, with the 12v Cigarette lighter power cable running down the body frame,U-turning back to the door, and down under the passenger floor mat, before popping back up near the handbrake to go into the cigarette lighter port.

Thanks.
This may be helpful

http://www.cx3forum.com/forum/electronics-audio/6146-dashcam-install-blackvue-dr650gw-2ch.html

·
Registered
274 Posts
Welcome jrcx3 to the forum. And thanks for asking those questions about the dash cam as I'd been meaning to ask them myself. My main question is the mounting of the dash cam as I also have that area at the top of the screen that prevents the cam from being mounted top dead centre. I'm sure we won't be the only two wanting the answers.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I put mine below the cowl for all the I sense cameras. You could see it more from the passenger side but only being small it didn't cause much of a distraction.

I ran the wire down the A pillar but ABOVE the airbag.

My power supply has the 12 to 5v dropper in the plug so I terminated the supply neatly at the power supply.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Same location - viewed from outside

Looks low, but slightly in my line of sight, just below the mirror

Attachments

·
Registered
745 Posts
Bought a VIFO A119S with the GPS mount, to the left of the mirror, cable hanging straight down to the USB outlet. Crude. Ashamed to show any pictures ... but it works great, night and day fabulous videos.
Will tidy it up come springtime :)

·
Registered
451 Posts
Has anyone checked out the new Garmin Dash Cam 45 and 55 yet? It looks pretty near perfect. But the price :eek:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Bought a VIFO A119S with the GPS mount, to the left of the mirror, cable hanging straight down to the USB outlet. Crude. Ashamed to show any pictures ... but it works great, night and day fabulous videos.
Will tidy it up come springtime :)
There is a junction at your feet where it is easy to take power from which I have taken power from both camera and the little box to the left of the mirror as a police speed control detector.

Attachments

·
Registered
745 Posts
Thank you ... helpful diagrams!

You mention, "a police speed control detector" ... i.e., a radar detector?

Also, I'd like to know about the free beer?

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
There is a junction at your feet where it is easy to take power from which I have taken power from both camera and the little box to the left of the mirror as a police speed control detector.
Can you scan those instructions to pdf and we'll pin them in the how to section.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thank you ... helpful diagrams!

You mention, "a police speed control detector" ... i.e., a radar detector?

Also, I'd like to know about the free beer?
Radar detector shown proberbly only works here in Denmark where we have an (danish) APP that detects where police speed traps, or where they have set up mobile control equipment up etc. As soon as someone has registered a speed trap, press a button on the device and it instantly sending message to cyberspace where it is recorded on thousands similar devices installed in vehicles around the country, so it is a kind of common snitch.
When you approach a speed control the device starts beeping and blinking blue appr 60 sec. before entering danger zone.
It also used for records of accidents and instead warns by flashing red.
Simple but effective and legal!!.
As for the beer, it is as it says "free beer tomorrow", you're welcome anytime!;)

The box on the right side is what we call a "bizz" which allows you to enter bridges and tunnels aso, where there are toll. Works nearly all over Scandinavia.

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have a Viofo A119 and have a Goluk T3 on the way as well to test.

A119 has great picture but UI is fairly average and you seem to need to manually put in in parking mode.

I want to just drive car and have it work when moving and when parked if something happens.

May mount 2 goluk T3's in car. Cheap and reasonable picture but so easy to use as they can be accessed via wifi from phone so only need power, no buttons or screen etc on device.

Re power why not tap regulator into the permanent power in the light circuits in roof. .?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts