Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know any talk of rear spoilers is very polarizing, you either love them or hate them, but I tend to like them. So I am posting this, not looking for opinions, but just to get the information out there for anyone who may be interested. I just ordered the DAMD W-Wing Roof Spoiler from Kamispeed.com. It is a bit pricey, as it is shipped direct from Japan, but I bit the bullet. The cost, unpainted, is $650 (duties and tax included) shipped directly to your door. That is with a 5% first-time customer discount for which they will give you the code. If you are interested in any of the other DAMD exterior parts for the CX-3, such as front spoiler or side skirts, you should contact Kami Speed about pricing and having them put the parts up on their website to order. They said they are still working on the logistics of handling the larger items. According to the DAMD website, they appear to the be only U.S distributor of DAMD parts.

With all of the said, these are the links to the spoiler and the DAMD CX-3 product webpage.

DAMD Mazda CX-3 Wing Roof Spoiler | KamiSpeed.com

CX-3 MAZDA | ????????????????? | DAMD Inc.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I know any talk of rear spoilers is very polarizing, you either love them or hate them, but I tend to like them. So I am posting this, not looking for opinions, but just to get the information out there for anyone who may be interested. I just ordered the DAMD W-Wing Roof Spoiler from Kamispeed.com. It is a bit pricey, as it is shipped direct from Japan, but I bit the bullet. The cost, unpainted, is $650 (duties and tax included) shipped directly to your door. That is with a 5% first-time customer discount for which they will give you the code. If you are interested in any of the other DAMD exterior parts for the CX-3, such as front spoiler or side skirts, you should contact Kami Speed about pricing and having them put the parts up on their website to order. They said they are still working on the logistics of handling the larger items. According to the DAMD website, they appear to the be only U.S distributor of DAMD parts.

With all of the said, these are the links to the spoiler and the DAMD CX-3 product webpage.

DAMD Mazda CX-3 Wing Roof Spoiler | KamiSpeed.com

CX-3 MAZDA | ????????????????? | DAMD Inc.
Thanks for your sharing, I browse the DAMA Japanese website and so impress. Love their spoiler kit. Look amazing.

I am really like the sheet cover (White + Black + Red Stitch): https://damd.stores.jp/items/5734245a99c3cdd0c1000d72

Thanks again for this useful website :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After three months, the roof spoiler has finally made it's way from Japan and is scheduled to be delivered this Friday! Pictures to follow.

·
Registered
327 Posts
For those of you who are curious. Here are a few images of the spoiler on my red CX-3

Side view looks great. I like that it comes out further than the stock spoiler. I'm not sold on the look from the rear view, but it doesn't make me gag or anything. Is this intended to be a functional part or is it just for show (and aero drag)?

Reactions: Darken

·
Registered
56 Posts
I agree with Viper...It looks awesome from the side! Definitely a different look from the back, it would probably grow on me in time.

Nice looking ride!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Makes the CX-3 from the back look like an angry rabbit :D
Haha never thought about that. I probably should have taken the rear picture standing up straight ( I was kneeling down and pointing my phone upwards when I was taking that shot ). The rabbit ears aren't as polarizing if you're looking at it straight up and form a distance.

·
Registered
212 Posts
How does it attach to the hatch? The oem spoiler really isn't rock solid.
At least mine is quite wobbly.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The body shop where I had the spoiler painted quoted me a price which included installation. According to the installer, the spoiler attaches to the bottom spoiler via 3 screws. In the center it is reinforced with double stick tape. Shook it a few times and miine doesn't appear to be wobbly. I've also driven it on the express ways a few times without any issues.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I finally got around to having the spoiler painted and installed. As danno said, this spoiler attaches to the oem spoiler with clips, screws and 3M tape. The oem spoiler has to be removed in order to attach the DAMD spoiler to it. It took the shop I used an hour to do the installation. Personally, I really like how it looks. I was never fond of the droopy look of the roof and this spoiler does a good job of raising it up. I also like how they angled the end of the spoiler to match the angle where the black trim meets the roof. It's a small detail but noticeable. You can see that in the first picture.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts