Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Japanese tuning house DAMD has put out a new body kit for the CX-3, so that you make people even more likely to shout "Zoom zoom" when you drive by.

A deep chin spoiler has been installed that makes the CX-3 look lower. It is black with a red stripe, just like the new alloy wheels. There is also an added LED light accessory.

On the side of the CX-3 there are blade inserts for the rocker panels, and the mirror caps are now a nice shade of dark silver.

At the rear there is a wing bolted to the top of the trunk hatch and a silver spoiler. We also have twin tail pipes.

The kit will be available in October, and you can buy the parts separately as well.

Mazda CX-3 Gets Aggressive Body Kit from DAMD, Looks Like NFS Racer - autoevolution

·
Registered
275 Posts
I like that kit but i would use body color throughout about 80% of it and leave hints of black, which to me will give it more of a premium feel.

·
Registered
275 Posts
My car is red, I could take it as it is on the picture :D
No matter what color, that idea I have for how color should be used on it and throughout the CX-3 is what i'd like to see. Red being my runner up color is another one i'd like to see.

Where are the photoshop guru's

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm all for modest custom work but the CX-3 already has rather aggressive styling including skirts and lips. The built in side "skirts" of the CX-3 are all bumpy, those extra folds seem too much.

I like that you can get custom aftermarket kits through Mazda.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm all for modest custom work but the CX-3 already has rather aggressive styling including skirts and lips. The built in side "skirts" of the CX-3 are all bumpy, those extra folds seem too much.

I like that you can get custom aftermarket kits through Mazda.
The OEM lip/skirt looks pretty awesome too, just sad that we don't have it here yet.

·
Registered
101 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Not for me.

·
Registered
2016 Mazda CX3
128 Posts
I don't know, the rear and side skirts are real nice, but that may be (In my opinion, of course..) the ugliest roof spoiler I have ever seen, and I'm not a fan of the front kit. I'm sure the price tag will further increase my overall dislike of this kit.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I would only go for the wheels and the back mods but everything else, including the roof spoiler I can do without. Or maybe I just like the red piping.
Just checked their site and the side splitters alone are around 392.90USD.

·
Registered
2016 Mazda CX3
128 Posts
What @idbrian linked, there was one good one in there, and I believe that was the same kit we can get from our Mazda dealer directly. It does look nice though, not over the top like the others.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I may be in the minority here but this is too much for my taste. For me, the side skirts are enough, everything else isn't necessary. It devalues the look of CX3 IMO.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I tracked down the US supplier for DAMD in Florida (Kamispeed.com). I am seriously considering purchasing the "W Roof Spoiler" as they call it. I just think the sloping rear roof of the CX-3 could use a little pick-me-up. I felt the same way about the Veloster Turbo I traded in for the CX-3 and really liked the result of adding a spoiler to the spoiler if you will. I know some will disagree but to each his own as they say. They also have a very nice looking replacement steering wheel with red stitching and accent to match the CX-3 interior. A little pricey considering it has to ship from Japan but cool.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts