Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here. Found you doing research on my dead CX3. About three weeks ago I was driving on a city street at maybe 25, 30 mph. There was a sudden roaring of the engine it accelerated though not by pressing the gas. And I stepped on the break, the engine continued to sound as if it were exaggerating. It finally stopped and I was able to proceed without further incident.

Sunday as I was driving to Tulsa from Phoenix and was 20 miles outside of Amarillo, the same thing. I was cruising at about 80 with the AC on and it felt as if there was a sudden acceleration but then the engine shut down.

I was able to get off I40 and called for a tow. Dealership is looking at it today and can't find anything wrong. Any ideas?

It's a 2016 with about 7000 miles on it. It had been held by dealers until I bought it in January. I love this car! But I sure am nervous about driving 400 miles to Tulsa. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh my stars! I didn't proof before posting. Was using voice to text. Hope y'all can make sense of that mess up there.

·
Super Moderator
108 Posts
I haven't seen anything like this mentioned before on this forum, so I am not sure we will be of much help! Is it possible something is working its way up into the accelerator pedal, preventing it from retracting (like a floor mat)?

·
Registered
218 Posts
I did a little search as well. Probably found the same answers as you did. Most are saying this is next to impossible. Floor mats indeed are what people are saying.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Assuming you have floor mats, take them out, and assume it won't happen again. If it does, get back to us.

Seriously, the only situation I can think of: if you have i-ActiveSense, had it in cruise control, were below your target speed, and moved out behind an obstruction ... then it would accelerate on its own. Normal behavior.

Two possibilities, the best I can do.

(P.S. Back in my Prius days we were all asking where we could get some of that "sudden acceleration" everyone was talking about ;--)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts