Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a brand new Mazda CX3 Max January 2017 build. At times, when I apply the brakes, the car revs quite high. The other day, this happened when I stopped at lights and the car lurched forward. I applied the brake very hard and when I put it in nuetral, it revved quite high. Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
745 Posts
I own a brand new Mazda CX3 Max January 2017 build. At times, when I apply the brakes, the car revs quite high. The other day, this happened when I stopped at lights and the car lurched forward. I applied the brake very hard and when I put it in nuetral, it revved quite high. Has anyone else experienced this?
Take it back to the dealer, post haste!

P.S. Wife's HR-V had the same problem after I vacuumed it out for her ... mighty man that I am, I solved "her problem" by reinstalling the all-weather floor mats under the pedals ... vs. on top of them :--(

·
Super Moderator
547 Posts
Yah, check your pedals, check your mats, wear narrower shoes... If none of those turn anything up, take it to the dealer and demonstrate the problem for them.

Beyond those three basic, 5-minute checks don't dither about trying to self-diagnose. You should still be under warranty so let them deal with it. If it's an intermittent issue, expect them to scratch their heads a few times. If you figure out how to induce the problem reliably then ask to have a tech ride along with you.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
It will speed up if you pump the brake with the engine idling which is due to the change in manifold depression but i wouldn't call it revving. Check the mats as shown above but if not, I would be looking for a vacuum leak near the inlet manifold.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts