·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well if you like a weird looking, bulky, uninspiring car simply because it has more room, then yes the HR-V wins.
Not to mention the wimpy engine.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Not to mention the wimpy engine.

but....but..... that 1/2 inch clearance makes the HRV soooooo much better.

Even if they all enjoyed driving the CX-3 more, they apparently MUST have more space than I need.

I'm not biased , I've actually driven all 3 - I hang out at the CX-3 forum because I bought the best vehicle for me.

Just like the one Geezer bought :cool:

·
Registered
224 Posts
This is an interesting review to be sure. They rave about the CX 3, handling and infotainment systems. The strange thing is they did not compare apples to apples. The Jeep and Honda had the AWD option while the CX 3 did not! They say it makes no difference? Then why not test all 3 in FWD? The CX 3 is available with such a sweet AWD system why not wait and use a car equipped like the other 2??? Very weird. Just my 2 cents worth...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was not the fence to either get the HRV or CX3. I actually wanted the HRV but the CVT scared me. Then I test drove the CX3 and the rest is history. Just wish it had the clearance of the Crosstreck.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The latest from Consumers Reports has the CX3 as one of the worst for reliability and the HRV one of the best. This is all speculative at best since both are still in the first year of ownership. They go further in saying that the CX3 is the least reliable car in the Mazda line. Hmmm!

Other than some quirkiness in the auto dimming of the centre display, I haven't had any problems with the vehicle. I'm just wondering where they get their figures from.

·
Registered
224 Posts
The latest from Consumers Reports has the CX3 as one of the worst for reliability and the HRV one of the best. This is all speculative at best since both are still in the first year of ownership. They go further in saying that the CX3 is the least reliable car in the Mazda line. Hmmm!

Other than some quirkiness in the auto dimming of the centre display, I haven't had any problems with the vehicle. I'm just wondering where they get their figures from.
I used to believe Consumers Reports on everything but no longer give them much credence on cars... They don't give weight to whether a car is fun to drive etc. Plus if Honda or Toyota is on the grill you can take it to the bank that they will LOVE it...

I prefer REAL car reviews, like Car and Driver, Motor Trend or Autoweek etc. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
142 Posts

Wow. Stating the CX-3 is the least reliable car in the Mazda line is a pretty ballsy declaration based on just one (initial) model year. I wonder what exact reliability problems CR is referring to. Very impulsive conclusion, even for CR. For myself, after two months of ownership I am still very happy with it. The issue with the active display needing to be replaced was not due to a reliability issue, or failure of a component, so I do not count that as a defect against the vehicle. Only one issue: I did get the TPMS light today after a long interstate drive, but tire pressures were all normal. It appears others have had similar false alarms. At least it is not the "loose/missing gas cap" warning light that has appeared in all three Honda's I've owned in the last 15 years.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
While they say the CX3 is predicted to be the least reliable of the new subcompact SUV's they do not put it in the "undesirable" category. The predicted reliability findings are, well, unreliable IMHO. It is the view of CU that new and untested models should be avoided by the savvy buyer. I knew this going in but in this case I thought that the CX3 is such a unique car and unlike anything in the market so I decided to go for it. So I am not really surprised by their rating, but I still think I made a good choice.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'll put it this way; I am all about driving and driving dynamics, hence the CX-3. My wife could care less (at least ssubconsciously). She hated the HR-V and loved the Fit. We did not even consider the Renegade (the 'X' marks on the taillights remind of "dead" cartoons). So, I have the "Zoom-Zoom"I like (minus a bit of "Zoom") and she has the Tardis space she likes in the the Fit.

Put it this way; I would not buy a Fiat/Chrysler (I designed a Daimler/Chrysler call center in Southlake, TX about 12 years ago - why did that not work out?) but would not put money down on anything but a Hellcat model (why do they save their best for most expensive?). The same with Chevrolet...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts