Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We haven’t seen much rain in the last 2 years until the last month or so.
At first we noticed the tell tale smell of dampness in the car which has got worse and worse as the rain continued. We search all over for where the wet patch could be but it’s not easy to identify.
Yesterday I did find a physically wet area on the carpet on the (R) side near the back hatch.
Has there been any other people with leakage issues? Is the a pattern?

·
Registered
1 Posts
We haven’t seen much rain in the last 2 years until the last month or so.
At first we noticed the tell tale smell of dampness in the car which has got worse and worse as the rain continued. We search all over for where the wet patch could be but it’s not easy to identify.
Yesterday I did find a physically wet area on the carpet on the (R) side near the back hatch.
Has there been any other people with leakage issues? Is the a pattern?
Hi, same happened to me, vehicle only has 30’000km on.
Took it to the dealer. After three days they reported to have found the issue. Water was coming in between the tail-light and vehicle body.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The rear hatch on my 2016, which I bought used last March, would leak around the closing handle in the plastic inner panel of the rear hatch. No longer under warranty, so I pulled the inner panel off and was able to trace the leak back to the tail light seals.
I removed the tail light lenses and applied a bead of silicone around the opening along the factory installed weather strip and re-installed the tail lights. No more leaks from the hatch and it also eliminated the fogging problems inside the tail lights.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, same happened to me, vehicle only has 30’000km on.
Took it to the dealer. After three days they reported to have found the issue. Water was coming in between the tail-light and vehicle body.
Thanks so much for sharing.
The rear hatch on my 2016, which I bought used last March, would leak around the closing handle in the plastic inner panel of the rear hatch. No longer under warranty, so I pulled the inner panel off and was able to trace the leak back to the tail light seals.
I removed the tail light lenses and applied a bead of silicone around the opening along the factory installed weather strip and re-installed the tail lights. No more leaks from the hatch and it also eliminated the fogging problems inside the tail lights.
Thank you. At the moment we’ve put a towel down in front of the spot I think it might be leaking to..., for confirmation. I’ve a strong feeling that your discovery is likely similar to what we will find.
?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts