Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the GT model with the Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS). I was reading the owners Smart Start Guide and on page 27 it shows an AFS button to turn it on and off. I don't see the AFS button on my GT and am wondering if other USA GT owners have the button?

The owners manual on page 4-70 states AFS can be switched operable/inoperable with the "Personalization Features" but I don't see that option either.

Finally the Smart Start Guide discusses that the AFS will need to be reset if the battery is disconnected and says to refer to the manual for how to reset AFS. Haven't seen that either.

Any GT owners have the AFS button and anyone see how to reset?

·
Registered
304 Posts
I can confirm some of the U.S. Grand Toruing manual's references to personalization settings (in chapter 9, I believe) are dead ends. Specifically some of the i-Activsense customizations.
Need to research this further.

If you look at the dates on U.S. and Canadian 2016 CX-3 manuals you'll see that they've gone thorough a few edits.

Come on Irvine, let's get it together.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
On mine, you can switch off the AFS in the settings/vehicle page on the home screen.

Reactions: Postal

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Touched base with MazdaUSA. They said manual was written prior to final release and so is incorrectly showing AFS button. They said it will be corrected in later editions. MazdaUSA also said to ignore quick start guide that says AFS must be reset after battery change or any loss of power. Mazda said it will auto adjust when power is restored.

Anchorman is correct - the AFS can be disabled via a checkbox found in our software under Settings-->Lighting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts