Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
CX3 arriving to Seattle port around ~ July 12

Just talked to Mazda Dealer in Seattle. CX3 is expected to arrive to Seattle Port around ~ July 12. Dealer is expecting the vehicle to be available at dealership once procedures are completed (3rd or 4th week of July).

I am interested in the GT trim, looks like that will be in the range of $25800 and might go up to $28k with optional features.

·
Registered
98 Posts
OK!
Just sent out a flurry of emails to see what dealers know here in the Midwest

Update;
I've gotten 3 replies & 3 different answers...
One says this month, another mid to late August & the third not til September.
One dealer said he just ordered 10. Didn't say which trims.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Are you using the European day/month format? Because if the CX-3s are in port today it would be the biggest Japanese naval surprise since Pearl Harbor. I'm not sure where you got that information, but I've been working closely with a couple of dealerships in the Puget Sound area for weeks on the CX-3. They know to keep me in the loop, as I've threatened to import one from British Columbia if this drags on too long (I test drove one up there. It's not that expensive or all that hard to bring one in, and I keep my cars for the lifespan so the minor gauge changes and title issues don't mean much).

I called an unrelated dealership just to find out what they knew, and their story is similar to the one I already have. They just made their allocations and production is in progress. They estimate they are still about 8-9 weeks out from having them on the lot, which is the same end of August/early September story we've been hearing. Curiously, even though they know their allocations, they still don't have hard MSRPs yet.

I don't want to be a party pooper, and I'd love for them to get here sooner, but no one I've been speaking with has led me to believe a different story than what we have. I DO believe there are some over-eager salespeople running around though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello finalfugue, dealer said vehicles are currently in route. They are expected to be at Seattle port around 07/12 per feedback.

Most likely not over-eager sales person, i reached out to him directly.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Great news! I'm looking forward to seeing one in person. I'm torn between the CX-3 or MB GLA.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just got an email today from a salesperson I've been working with (had previously been looking at a CX-5, which turned out to be a stretch for my budget).

He said they expect to get one in August to "show off" and will be taking orders late Aug/early Sept, which sounds like its in line with what others here are posting.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just got an email from dealer in Seattle. CX3 has arrived to Seattle port!
They expect to have them at dealership in few days. Looking forward to drive test one.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just got an email today from a salesperson I've been working with (had previously been looking at a CX-5, which turned out to be a stretch for my budget).

He said they expect to get one in August to "show off" and will be taking orders late Aug/early Sept, which sounds like its in line with what others here are posting.
By the time the CX-3s hit the dealerships in a month or so, I bet other 2016s will start coming in and you'll be able to get a deal on a 2015 CX5 that might not be such a stretch. When I go in to look at the CX3s, I will be keeping that in mind. If I don't like the small interior (smaller than the 3) of the CX3 I plan to use that to leverage a good deal on a 2015 3 or CX5. The CX5 would also stretch what I really want to pay for a new car.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Great news! I'm looking forward to seeing one in person. I'm torn between the CX-3 or MB GLA.
Comparably equipped the MB will be around $10k more than a CX3 I think. BUT it will be MUCH bigger inside. I really liked the GLA, but it was more than I really wanted to pay for a car. I wish they were a bit older and I would pick up a used one or 2 year old one. The MBs are very reliable now, and the warranty on their certified cars is outstanding (100k miles, unlimited years). I drove the CLA and didn't really like it. They way it handled, the road dynamics, were just awful. You get NO sense of the road. For the GLA, however, you kinda expect that in an SUV or crossover so it's not that bad.

I was looking at the GLA and the BMW X1. I found some really good deals on the X1, but it is just not as reliable as the MB or the Mazda by a long shot. It doesn't look as nice on the outside as either one, but for a CUV or SUV it handles VERY nicely, and that turbo 4 has some real pickup to it! Love the engine and handling on the BMW, the styling of the MB, and the price of the Mazda :)

I was looking for a 2012 BMW 3-series wagon (not diesel) as that would meet all my criteria, but I can't find ANY. Maybe 1 or 2, but they had too high miles or were an early 2012, or had no nav. :(

·
Registered
872 Posts
Comparably equipped the MB will be around $10k more than a CX3 I think. BUT it will be MUCH bigger inside. I really liked the GLA, but it was more than I really wanted to pay for a car. I wish they were a bit older and I would pick up a used one or 2 year old one. The MBs are very reliable now, and the warranty on their certified cars is outstanding (100k miles, unlimited years). I drove the CLA and didn't really like it. They way it handled, the road dynamics, were just awful. You get NO sense of the road. For the GLA, however, you kinda expect that in an SUV or crossover so it's not that bad.

I was looking at the GLA and the BMW X1. I found some really good deals on the X1, but it is just not as reliable as the MB or the Mazda by a long shot. It doesn't look as nice on the outside as either one, but for a CUV or SUV it handles VERY nicely, and that turbo 4 has some real pickup to it! Love the engine and handling on the BMW, the styling of the MB, and the price of the Mazda :)

I was looking for a 2012 BMW 3-series wagon (not diesel) as that would meet all my criteria, but I can't find ANY. Maybe 1 or 2, but they had too high miles or were an early 2012, or had no nav. :(
I have a 2013 x135 with all the bells and whistles. MSRP of 49k. In 2.5 years I only have 12,500 miles on it. When people ask what I drive, I say "an epic waste of money". So, I'm looking to downsize in the next few months. Its an excellent driving vehicle tho.

The GLA is actually pretty small inside. Larger than the CX3 but still pretty cramped - which Im fine with as its usually just me and my dog. IMO, al loaded GT CX3 seems perfect for a compact urban vehicle.

·
Registered
29 Posts
By the time the CX-3s hit the dealerships in a month or so, I bet other 2016s will start coming in and you'll be able to get a deal on a 2015 CX5 that might not be such a stretch. When I go in to look at the CX3s, I will be keeping that in mind. If I don't like the small interior (smaller than the 3) of the CX3 I plan to use that to leverage a good deal on a 2015 3 or CX5. The CX5 would also stretch what I really want to pay for a new car.
I hardly see any 2015 CX-5s available around here. They're about all gone.

That said, I prefer the '16 to the '15. I'm holding on to hope that an Apple Carplay update will come this year, and I think the latest version of MazdaConnect is the best candidate for a Carplay update.

·
Registered
29 Posts
yeah there are still a few 2015s left. Does the 2015 have the same Mazda Connect as the Mazda3, or did that not make it in until 2016?

I like that Mazda is using OpenCar rather than CarPlay or even Android Auto. It is OS agnostic, and its apps are written html5. With a little bit of know how you can write your own apps and add them to the infotainment system. And it seems to be running linux rather than some closed, proprietary system. There is no worrying about alienating Android users via Apple's offering, or iPhone users via Google's offering.

But really any of these would be fine if the system offered MHL and mirroring. MHL allows you to display what you see on your phone on the car's screen via an HDMI cable and USB to HDMI adapter (no all phones support MHL though), and mirroring allows you to not just see it, but interact with it, esp. with a touchscreen (it basically uses a VNC client server type setup to allow touching on the screen to work on the phone). That opens you up to a lot of possibilities.

At least, as is my understanding, on the 2015 systems they turned off the wifi for the car, though I believe it is still in the car, just not turned on.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a 2013 x135 with all the bells and whistles. MSRP of 49k. In 2.5 years I only have 12,500 miles on it. When people ask what I drive, I say "an epic waste of money". So, I'm looking to downsize in the next few months. Its an excellent driving vehicle tho.

The GLA is actually pretty small inside. Larger than the CX3 but still pretty cramped - which Im fine with as its usually just me and my dog. IMO, al loaded GT CX3 seems perfect for a compact urban vehicle.
I had a '96 3-series for 10 years and 190k miles. Hands down the best car I've ever had. I currently have an Infiniti G35 that I've had for about 10 years and put over 150k miles on it (it's almost at 180k), and while a really nice car, it just wasn't the quality of the BMW overall. The 1-series does seem really small to me. The X1 was really nice, just not reliable enough.

·
Registered
11 Posts
yeah there are still a few 2015s left. Does the 2015 have the same Mazda Connect as the Mazda3, or did that not make it in until 2016?QUOTE]

No it does not. New for 2016 was Mazda Connect, redesigned grill, Sport mode, electric parking brake. There are still some 2015's left but not many.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Guys, wanted to give you an update. I'm a Mazda salesman in the Midwest. We have six CX-3's on order. Two arrived at the port in Washington on 7/7 and have been sitting there since. Reason for the delay is port inspection procedures on new model vehicles. They are expected to ship out today but not guaranteed. I assume this is the case for all dealers across the country. Enjoy your new CX-3's!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you djp for the information. This is similar to what i heard from the Seattle area dealership yesterday. He also told me, this first batch of CX3's are mostly planned for media events, test drives and such and will not be available for sale. Per feedback most of those CX3 at port are being shipped to LA area.

I was hoping to test drive a CX3 in Seattle next week, guess might need to wait bit longer.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts