Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Mazda CX-3 is finally listed on Wikipedia. In one of the pics, there appears to be metal hooks on either side of the lower grill. Any idea what those things are and why they are there?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Yeah , those are for being towed. Ordinarily the I bolts stay next to your spare and jack and only come out to be fitted when needed. Little plastic covers in the bumper normally cover the holes when the I bolts are not needed.. Not sure why it is pictured this way.

Curiously, my CX5 only has provision for one left of center below the grill.

·
Registered
277 Posts
That's right Harry. Thanks for an important correction. I consulted my CX-5 manual (as I should have before my earlier posting on this thread). It specifically prohibits use of those hooks for any purpose other than tie down for transport.

I apologize to all for initial misinformation.

·
Registered
168 Posts
That's right Harry. Thanks for an important correction. I consulted my CX-5 manual (as I should have before my earlier posting on this thread). It specifically prohibits use of those hooks for any purpose other than tie down for transport.

I apologize to all for initial misinformation.
they do use is as a tiedown spot for towing though so you were partially correct. >:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.