Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Thanks for that. Interesting that the Mazda is no noisier than the Honda overall.I had already decided on the Mazda and that solidifies my choice. The other results jived with my expectations.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Its the pictures that do it for me... I mean yea the content of the two vehicles is similar which is where form plays its part...

·
Registered
265 Posts
One thing I think a lot of us can agree on is the Mazda has a nicer looking rear end but the HRV makes a statement!

·
Registered
17 Posts
One thing that picture shows me, and something I'll be paying attention to when I visit the NYC auto show this Sunday - look at the hatch lines on the HR-V compared to the CX-3. The Honda has a huge, flat, wide and low cargo compartment. It's a big factor if capacity matters to you.

I think the CX-3 is visually hot. I'm wondering if I can live with the small cargo area. On the other hand, the roof is low enough that you can easily reach if you have a roof rack.

·
Registered
277 Posts
If a small runabout with lots of capacity is your desire, the much more efficient Fit is the one to have. I have a hard time justifying my lust for the CX3 but I'll try. I like small Mazdas. The Cx3 is more powerful than the 2 and more compact than the 3. It has towing ability the other 2 lack. I also prefer its looks to the others. If your primary needs are hauling passengers or cargo its not what to buy, so I'm not worried about the width of the cargo door. The smaller the hole the more rigid the structure.

I was considering the HRV but acceleration and mileage are no better than the larger 2 liter CX5 . Its looks don't do much for me either. I would still consider a Fit however. At least you get practicality justifying the dowdy looks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts