Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Reviewed the 2015 3 some time ago. I think changes are limited to trim/option package changes for 2016.
For the most part, yes.

Are you completely off the idea of getting a CX-3 as a second car?

·
Registered
28 Posts
sat and drove the cx3 today and my feedback will pretty much echo the reviews already posted. Just want to jot down a couple of things before I forget.

pros:
*very sexy exterior. better than mazda3, cx5 or hrv hands down
*wow nice detailed interior
*power was decent. enough for me to speed out in traffic for a quick turn
* handling was pretty awesome, highlight of the car IMO.
* i-active system is pretty cool.
* noticed a coating of what looked to me like sound insulation material under the cat got GT. Is it standard? the car was pretty quiet.

cons:
* was there a trunk/back storage? that space is seriously tiny. the salesman wanted to pitch the hidden sub trunk as additional storage but I don't think that'd fly
* man the backseats are non existent
* be nice if that info screen can be closed like the screen of a notebook
* lack of arm rest in the back seat

in short, this car won't fit my needs with a baby on the way and a stroller I'd need to haul everywhere. I'm not even sure if the stroller will fit in the back seat. Since I'm limited by garage space (short city garage of 172" max), I'm back in the hunt looking at the dreaded HRV again. Aside from the sh!tty interior and sleep inducing looks, it's actually a car that'd fit my functional needs rather than fun needs. Good thing I don't have an urgent need driving around a honda fit. Hopefully something better powered and cleaner looking comes out of this compact car segment.

·
Registered
101 Posts
People think the CX-3 is overpriced? I think it is tremendous value. I got the GT and can't believe all that i'm getting for little over $27K brand new. I can't think of any car in this caliber and matching price. The only car i think is a really good comparison to the CX-3 is the Subaru XV. How much is a loaded XV, i assume over $30K.

·
Registered
304 Posts
sat and drove the cx3 today and my feedback will pretty much echo the reviews already posted. Just want to jot down a couple of things before I forget.

pros:
*very sexy exterior. better than mazda3, cx5 or hrv hands down
*wow nice detailed interior
*power was decent. enough for me to speed out in traffic for a quick turn
* handling was pretty awesome, highlight of the car IMO.
* i-active system is pretty cool.
* noticed a coating of what looked to me like sound insulation material under the cat got GT. Is it standard? the car was pretty quiet.

cons:
* was there a trunk/back storage? that space is seriously tiny. the salesman wanted to pitch the hidden sub trunk as additional storage but I don't think that'd fly
* man the backseats are non existent
* be nice if that info screen can be closed like the screen of a notebook
* lack of arm rest in the back seat

in short, this car won't fit my needs with a baby on the way and a stroller I'd need to haul everywhere. I'm not even sure if the stroller will fit in the back seat. Since I'm limited by garage space (short city garage of 172" max), I'm back in the hunt looking at the dreaded HRV again. Aside from the sh!tty interior and sleep inducing looks, it's actually a car that'd fit my functional needs rather than fun needs. Good thing I don't have an urgent need driving around a honda fit. Hopefully something better powered and cleaner looking comes out of this compact car segment.
Once you become a parent you have to put aside aesthetics. HR-V is great storage-wise for small families, but its Civic engine bogs down a bit when the seats fill up. You might need to wait to see what Toyota and Ford come out with.

·
Registered
304 Posts
People think the CX-3 is overpriced? I think it is tremendous value. I got the GT and can't believe all that i'm getting for little over $27K brand new. I can't think of any car in this caliber and matching price. The only car i think is a really good comparison to the CX-3 is the Subaru XV. How much is a loaded XV, i assume over $30K.
Crosstrek is a good vehicle, but is lacking some things I personally wanted.

To compare briefly....

XV wins on cargo space, back seat space, and ride height.

Eyesight (Subaru forward collision prevention) is basically on par with i-Activ Smart City and Smart Brake. Other i-Activ features are unmatched by 2015 Crosstrek's other safety tech offerings.

Crosstrek has "boxer" CVT. CX-3 has a real engine. lol
CX-3 has a more refined interior.
Mazda Connect has better UI than Subaru system.
CX-3 has better handling and AWD kicks in at far lower revs (per the YouTube vids) and for more than just bad weather conditions.

Can't comment on alleged Subaru oil burning issues.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone here driven both a CX-3 and a 3? I would like to hear from someone who has been able to make a direct comparison.
Hi, my wife has a 2021 CX-3 and I have a 2018 Mazda 3 Touring Sedan. Her previous car was a 2014 Mazda3 Astina Hatch. Her 2021 CX-3 his our 9th Mazda. All bought new. We have had 1 x 323 Astina (1999) 5 x Mazda3's 1 Tribute, 1 Mazda 6 Atenza Wagon and a CX-3. We live in Sydney Australia.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts