Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering about people's experiences using the CX-3 to tow a trailer. I've been throwing around the idea of getting a small teardrop camper (~600 pounds), but am not sold on the idea yet in light of the manual saying not to tow. There are several older threads about towing but they are older and did not include any examples of people actually having experience towing trailers with the CX-3. Since several years had passed since those threads, I was hoping there might be some anecdotes to consider.
Any examples of weight/distances that trailers were towed, problems encountered, etc., would be most appreciated. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
no problem with 700kgs

Our 2016 petrol CX3 tows a 420kg boat on a 275kg trailer easily. The trailer has brakes. The car is smart enough to know it's towing and shifts appropriately. All wheel drive is great for retrieving from non-paved surfaces:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the post, tilroh. And great video! Have you traveled significant distances with the boat in tow? OR just local trips?

Thanks again!

·
Super Moderator
542 Posts
My towing experience has been limited to the 40"x48" Hazard Fraught trailer I used to drag my race tires to events with my RX-8. The CX-3 towed it with an RX-8 motor on it several hundred miles without issue. Maybe 400lbs total weight.

I will say that the backup camera makes reversing a breeze.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts