Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,

I've been lurking this forum for some time but registered today so I can post this. A little background, I'm in the market for a new vehicle within the next few months and thinking it's going to be between the CX-3 and the HR-V. From the photos, I'm leaning more towards the CX-3 and hopefully the price will be within my budget.

Today, on my way to work I spotted a white CX-3 on the 5 freeway in Carlsbad traveling south. It must be a GT because it has 18-inch rims. It also has a dealer license plate. I have to say that it looks extremely handsome based on my brief 10 seconds traveling alongside with it on the freeway. Since this is close to the Mazda headquarters in Irvine, it could be them road testing before general release? In any case, this is a very good sign as it could mean it's getting really close to Mazda bringing it to the dealerships.

·
Registered
18 Posts
geez, really hoping it's sooner than later. my wife wants the hrv for the extra space and storage but i want the cx3. the longer it takes, the more inventory honda dealers get and are more willing to cut deals for potential cx3 owners like myself.

gonna call some LA dealers to see if they have at least one in the showroom.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Great to have you here. A lot of people are deciding between the CX-3 and the HRV. Seems like there are pros and cons to both when you compare them. The CX-3 does have the best fuel economy in the segment though. That should be a big draw to the CX-3. The HR-V is a bit more capable in terms of cargo space, which some will like better than the smaller CX-3.

·
Registered
265 Posts
geez, really hoping it's sooner than later. my wife wants the hrv for the extra space and storage but i want the cx3. the longer it takes, the more inventory honda dealers get and are more willing to cut deals for potential cx3 owners like myself.

gonna call some LA dealers to see if they have at least one in the showroom.
Good call on that.

Dealers might be getting an early look at them before we see them in mass amounts, good chance its still happening if it didn't already.

Keep us posted on what you find out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BTW, just saw the USA Today article about Honda is having the HR-V as one of the best launches in their history as out of 7,000 units shipped, customers have snapped up 6,381 within the first two weeks. Come on Mazda, hurry up already! I'm sure some of those customers were contemplating between the CX-3 and HR-V and simply just couldn't wait.

·
Registered
18 Posts
wow, great numbers for the HRV. i actually got quotes for the HRV and the dealers weren't budging below MSRP, the demand is too high. mazda really needs to get moving. at least we can use the lower priced HRV as leverage when the CX3 finally is released.

·
Registered
6 Posts
$22,000 for a bare-bones base HRV AWD in USA? ... That's tough, especially if they are not budging on MSRP. Can anybody make an educated guess on what a similar model for the cx-3 will go for?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I followed the progress of the HR-V introduction and was looking forward to the release but after checking one out at a dealership decided that it wasn't for me. Now I'm anxiously waiting to see a CX-3 in person. I think it has more of what I'm looking for and I like the looks and the great mileage projections. The reviews I've read have indicated that it is comfortable, fun to drive and has an appealing interior, all features that for me were missing in the HR-V. I hope they release prices and model features soon!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Code:
I followed the progress of the HR-V introduction and was looking forward to the release but after checking one out at a dealership decided that it wasn't for me. Now I'm anxiously waiting to see a CX-3 in person. I think it has more of what I'm looking for and I like the looks and the great mileage projections. The reviews I've read have indicated that it is comfortable, fun to drive and has an appealing interior, all features that for me were missing in the HR-V. I hope they release prices and model features soon!
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Its going to be such a battle between the HRV and HRV. Very interested to see how they will do when compared to one another. Both are great cars.

·
Registered
18 Posts
What aspects of the HR-V that made you decide it wasn't for you if you don't mind sharing?
The interior styling just isn't as nice as the cx3's. HRV is a boring drive while the cx3, by initial accounts, feels more exciting and connected to both the road and driver.

HRV has the cx3 beat in storage space and backseat leg room.

·
Registered
98 Posts
The interior styling just isn't as nice as the cx3's. HRV is a boring drive while the cx3, by initial accounts, feels more exciting and connected to both the road and driver.

HRV has the cx3 beat in storage space and backseat leg room.
I had the same reaction.
Didn't like the raised console & the drive was ho hum.

·
Registered
5 Posts
What aspects of the HR-V that made you decide it wasn't for you if you don't mind sharing?
I was able to examine a white HR-V on the first release date, I did a walk around and I didn't really care for the looks which I know is subjective but I thought it looked just slightly bloated with a blunt front end.

I thought the dash was un-attractive especially with the very long dash vent. The center console was too high and intrusive. The seats were soft but not very supportive and for me, a tad narrow. I also didn't care much for all that very light/almost white gray interior. Of course the magic seats are a cool feature and it had quite a bit of room in back. Overall, to me the interior felt a bit too enclosed in front.

With regard to specs, I'm not a fan of CVT's and it seems to possibly be a bit underpowered from what I've read. I was encouraged to learn that the CX-3 has more power and a conventional 6-speed automatic. The reviews that I've read describe the CX-3 to be "fun to drive" and the HRV to be a tad boring.

Lastly, I have been a little concerned about the quality control issues at the Celaya plant that have been reported with the Fit which is the same plant that turns out the HRV. I know Honda has many loyal fans and I do think that the HR-V will be successful however, It's just not for me.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the CX-3 up close because I've only seen it at a distance at the L.A. show. I love the looks, specs and the reviews that I've read. I hope I don't have to wait till September for one to show up at a local dealer.

Of course these are just my humble opinions and.......YMMV.

·
Registered
6 Posts
One vs. Six

The Honda HR-V has a CVT transmission (read that one speed with a belt that has to be replaced periodically $$$) which is an automatic reject in my book. The CX-3 has Mazda's 6 speed a very smooth shifting and reliable transmission. One speed vs. six = no brainer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone,

I've been lurking this forum for some time but registered today so I can post this. A little background, I'm in the market for a new vehicle within the next few months and thinking it's going to be between the CX-3 and the HR-V. From the photos, I'm leaning more towards the CX-3 and hopefully the price will be within my budget.

Today, on my way to work I spotted a white CX-3 on the 5 freeway in Carlsbad traveling south. It must be a GT because it has 18-inch rims. It also has a dealer license plate. I have to say that it looks extremely handsome based on my brief 10 seconds traveling alongside with it on the freeway. Since this is close to the Mazda headquarters in Irvine, it could be them road testing before general release? In any case, this is a very good sign as it could mean it's getting really close to Mazda bringing it to the dealerships.
I am new to this format so forgive transgressions. I am 90% sure I spotted a cx 3 in Seattle and it is head turning. I too drove the Hrv and as one review of the class said, it feels unfinished. My head was right up against the visor and I had seat all the way back. I can't wait to get the Mazda.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I just ordered our CX-3 after an exhaustive test program. Both Honda and Mazda dealers were kind enough to let us have a long term test drive (24 hours) in each however in the end the Mazda won. The main reasons are as follows:-

HRV has more space inside. The CX-3 looks better, faster, more economical, more technology, better handling, and rides better. It also doesn't have the CVT that the Honda does. The CVT in the HRV causes the engine to flare if you try to accelerate too hard. Just have to wait a few months for the Mazda to be delivered.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts