Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that there was a recall posted on nhtsa for the CX-3 when they updated the crash test ratings. Did any of you guys get a notice from Mazda? My car falls within the build range and I have not been notified. I will probably just check the torque myself... easy enough to do and it avoids incompetent dealers.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
I saw that, but it said dealers were notified in early April, I bought mine in late April, so I'm guessing the dealer already took care of it. I'll double check when I go in for my first oil change.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Both my CX-3 and CX-5 fall in the range. I got some rattles, but not from anywhere near the suspension.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I performed this recall on my own CX3 and found that my driver side lower bolt (affected nut/bolt from recall) was no where near tight (about 1/4 un-threaded). This is at about 5900 miles on it. This recall is currently a pending recall on our employee accounts which means they will be rolling out recall notices soon and soon a stop sale on affected models. Also the parts required for this recall is only on a VIN specific order basis meaning the bolts/nuts have to be ordered when it is confirmed the inspection, failed like mine. So many people would be put into rentals till this gets sorted out.

·
Registered
38 Posts
My VIN falls within the affected range that was published, but when I check on the safecar website and on the Mazda website they both claim that there are no recalls. Will be calling the dealer today about this.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Unfortunately this is common to happen with most recalls. When being issued they are based on VIN order and send these out in batches. Some people for example with the takata air bag recall many are still receiving their recall notice now, months after the announcement. There is a sort of "order" so recall notices and availability of parts are just rolling out slowly and not in mass notices. Also the current status of the recall according to my work account is that it is labeled as a "SOON TO BE RELEASED" recall so that may explain why most people still have no information or current notices about this.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Looks like I'm going to need to drop my car off this weekend or early next week to get the infotainment module replaced to correct an infinite boot loop problem that they couldn't correct with a reflash. Should I mention this pending recall while I'm in there to have them check it even if I haven't seen the notice on it yet? Or do I need to wait until I officially have been notified? This is something that is potentially disastrous if it falls apart at highway speed, so I would say that it shouldn't be put off just because I haven't received a paper about it in the mail.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Our VIN falls between affected numbers too as does the date of manufacture. If I don't hear anything by next week will call my Service manager...

·
Registered
16 Posts
I added the recall# to my online service order along with my oil change scheduled for tomorrow morning. I plan to bring along a printed copy of the notice in case they say they haven't heard anything about it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I added the recall# to my online service order along with my oil change scheduled for tomorrow morning. I plan to bring along a printed copy of the notice in case they say they haven't heard anything about it.
An update...
So the service tech said that his system didn't show that my car is affected by any recall. I showed him the recall document that I printed out. He verified that my VIN is in the range of affected vehicles, but since it's not appearing in their "Oasis" system, he wasn't authorized to act on the recall. Guess I'll have to wait until I get the official letter in the mail.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Maybe not related but I needed a update on my info system and the tech ran my vin and nothing showed up.I called Mazda and I did need the update the techs were looking at the wrong page for such things.
Maybe it is not the case here but it is possible.

·
Registered
327 Posts
An update...
So the service tech said that his system didn't show that my car is affected by any recall. I showed him the recall document that I printed out. He verified that my VIN is in the range of affected vehicles, but since it's not appearing in their "Oasis" system, he wasn't authorized to act on the recall. Guess I'll have to wait until I get the official letter in the mail.
They should still do a check on it if you ask them about it and tell them specifically what you want inspected. If they find a problem then write it up as a warranty claim like any other warranty problems. They may want an authorization labor/inspection charges if you do that, though. If they find a problem, then I'd expect those charges to be waived. Maybe take a look yourself first and see if there's anything readily apparent as a problem like Snoogie saw on his. If nothing is obviously wrong, probably not much danger, but keep an eye on it.

I checked mine last night myself and they weren't visibly loose like Snoogie said about his. I didn't get out my wrenches, but they were definitely more than just finger tight. No signs of fretting or other wear around the hardware either, so no obvious signs of a problem, but I'll keep checking on it periodically until I get a notice from Mazda on it. Haven't checked my CX-5 yet.

·
Super Moderator
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Maybe not related but I needed a update on my info system and the tech ran my vin and nothing showed up.I called Mazda and I did need the update the techs were looking at the wrong page for such things.
Maybe it is not the case here but it is possible.
This. As I have stated before, my experience with Mazda dealer service has been worse than awful. On my speed6, it took my dealer over 1 month to replace a smokey turbo. They first couldn't reproduce the problem. Then they claimed abuse (car had 8000 miles) due to tire ware. After they finally approved the work, it took them 3 weeks to replace a turbo. And after I got my car back, there was an 8 inch deep scratch on my fender. They claimed it was there. Luckily due to the awful service previously (airbag clockspring), I took pictures of the car the day I dropped it off. They approved the fender repair and I was again out of a car for a week. When I FINALLY got it back, I could hear a clunking coming from the engine. They didn't tighten the motor mounts. I called and asked them for torque specs, and while waiting I could hear the techs talking about me and how I was probably modding the car and that they should have voided my warranty. This was the last straw. I took the car to a different mazda dealer, they replaced the motor mount and bolts. I also wrote a very long letter to MNAO about my experience and they were apologetic (from what I remember they covered a month of the car payment). After my experience with Mazda service/dealers, I avoid them like the plague.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you for posting all this! I got mine in January and we are about to take it on a very twisty and turning west Texas trip that could have been very bad if this failed. My husband went out and visually inspected the area under recall since my vin fell within the range and all looks good. I will wait for the recall and have them go over it with a fine tooth comb, but I am thankful we found out about this in time to check before this trip even though we were good.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Thank you for posting all this! I got mine in January and we are about to take it on a very twisty and turning west Texas trip that could have been very bad if this failed. My husband went out and visually inspected the area under recall since my vin fell within the range and all looks good. I will wait for the recall and have them go over it with a fine tooth comb, but I am thankful we found out about this in time to check before this trip even though we were good.
Not to shamelessly plug a forum that I moderate but its one of the great things about sites like this with vested members. We often get info early and learn more about our vehicles than most anyone else.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts