Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really interested in receiving news and information regarding the MazdaSpeed version of the CX-3. I love everything about the current CX-3 except the engine configuration under the hood. I'm hoping the rumors I've heard about an upcoming turbocharged version of this vehicle are true.:)
Is there a site on this forum to track this information?:nerd:

·
Registered
193 Posts
You just started the CX3 Mazdaspeed thread. Personally, I would prefer the Mazdaspeed version to have the reliability of the 2.5L naturally aspirated engine coupled with the MX5 manual 6-speed transmission. Tune the 2.5L to 200HP/200lbft, add some upgraded brake calipers, an exhaust with a little more note, coilovers and we have a winner.

·
Registered
327 Posts
You just started the CX3 Mazdaspeed thread. Personally, I would prefer the Mazdaspeed version to have the reliability of the 2.5L naturally aspirated engine coupled with the MX5 manual 6-speed transmission. Tune the 2.5L to 200HP/200lbft, add some upgraded brake calipers, an exhaust with a little more note, coilovers and we have a winner.
This. 200 HP would be plenty fast in this little car and staying with 87 octane gas would be outstanding, if possible. Not sure how much more they can push these little high-compression engines before they start knocking like crazy. Also, no turbo lag is nice and it saves quite a bit of money and space in the engine bay by not have all the extra parts needed for a turbo setup. Lower the car an inch or so, put on the more aggressive suspension bits with some nice wheels, make the Kuroi Sports trim kit standard, and dress up the interior upholstery a bit.

People would naturally want to make comparisons to the WRX, Evo, Focus RS because of the AWD. The MINI Cooper product line would be a better comparison here, I think.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts