Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you will be buying and how many will be leasing?

For myself, I think it will be a lease instead of buying. I get bored too easily so it makes sense for me not to get stuck with one vehicle for more than 3 years.

·
Registered
83 Posts
My first car was a new car i kept till it was so old and run down that the next step was to turn it into a small square of metal. Never want to go through that again, rather lease and keep this for a few years and move onto either another CX-3 or some other model that interests me.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'll buy it. Never been a fan of leasing. Sure you get new cars more often but I don't think its worth the extra money.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Leasing is always a good deal.... for the lessor. I trade frequently and have never found depreciation to exceed lease expenses. Its the lease that ties you down, not the purchase. Try leaving the lease before the term is up, or exceeding mileage limits. Penalties can be onerous.
Want to put a pin-stripe or custom set on wheels on your leased vehicle? Its not really yours so forget about it.

Even though I trade in to the dealer and take book value trade-in, it still comes out better. Just take good care of your ride, and the dealer can sell it off his lot rather than wholesaling it off somewhere. They love that. They make a lot more money off your clean trade in than than they do on a new car sale, and this can be reflected back to you on your purchase price. Gives you increased bargaining power.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I think that the only appeal of a lease is being able to get a new car every few years, but you are going to be paying extra for that luxury. It certainly doesn't make sense as a better financial option though.

·
Registered
168 Posts
How many of you will be buying and how many will be leasing?

For myself, I think it will be a lease instead of buying. I get bored too easily so it makes sense for me not to get stuck with one vehicle for more than 3 years.
But you're not STUCK With anything past 3 years. You can always sell...

·
Registered
83 Posts
I think that the only appeal of a lease is being able to get a new car every few years, but you are going to be paying extra for that luxury. It certainly doesn't make sense as a better financial option though.
It's good for those that want more of a worry-free experience that have the money to afford it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
It's good for those that want more of a worry-free experience that have the money to afford it.
Is it a more worry free experience? At the end of the day you don't actually own the car so a spill or knick or something like that can be a big deal. I would be more nervous knowing that I have to give this back afterwards. Have to keep it in pristine condition.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have only leased one car, a Lexus IS350. While I loved the car I hated leasing as I don't even keep a car for 3 years. In the end I had to find somebody willing to take on the lease to get out of it. What a pain.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts