Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
61 - 74 of 74 Posts

· Registered
303 Posts
I'll check about the washer.. I had heard from someone that it was set up like this to be more 'eco-friendly' or something by using less fluid. I end up using more since it only sprays like half the windshield. It's done it since day 1 of owning the car and it's been one of those irritating things but not big enough a deal to actually do anything about it. I'll bring it up next time it gets serviced

Washer fluid is a common complaint - check out this thread

http://www.cx3forum.com/forum/engines-technical-discussion/5114-windshield-wipers-spray.html

zoom-zoom-piddle-piddle

· Registered
41 Posts
Here’s a few features I have found lacking in the CX-3:

MUSIC PLAYBACK: There is one simple but very important control missing from the audio system. There is no STOP button for iPod/CD/USB playback. Unless I have missed something, the only options I have found are:
A) Mute the sound. The problem is that the songs continue to play, which is not good as I usually want to begin listening from where I left off, especially with podcasts and audiobooks.
B) Press pause. The problem is that every time I stop/start the car the music does not stay paused, it begins playing again and I have to press pause every time.
C) Switch to a radio station (which stops the iPod/CD/USB from continuing to play) then turn the volume all the way down. This works but is obviously a pain to do every time.
They need to include a STOP button for iPod/CD/USB playback and also change MUTE so that in addition to muting the sound, it also pauses iPod/CD/USB playback (I know there is a hack out there for this, but I’m not sure yet if I want to go there).

BOSE SOUND SYSTEM: Given that the system includes a subwoofer I was very surprised to find no subwoofer level control, which I think should be included at a bare minimum. I was also disappointed to discover that the only tone adjustments are bass & treble. Even the basic unit in my 2003 Protegé5 had bass, midrange and treble controls. A 5-band EQ would be even better. The system does sound reasonably good as it is, but could be much better with a bit more control.

IGNITION-OFF POWER WINDOW FEATURE: After turning the car off, there is a period of time when power is still available to roll up the drivers window. A nice feature, but not all that helpful when limited to only the driver’s window. Strange they didn’t allow all windows and the sunroof (I always forget to close the darn sunroof!) to be closed after the ignition is turned off.

GLOVE BOX LIGHT: To me this is a strange one. It’s such a basic, easy & cheap thing to include compared to how much of a pain it is when you don’t have one. No idea why it was omitted, but I can’t imagine something so minuscule would get the axe for weight reasons. If that is the reason I think that’s going a bit too far. I’m generally very supportive of Mazda’s light weight philosophy, but I’d gladly live with the extra 100 grams for a glovebox light.

Reactions: mainemanx

· Premium Member
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Here’s a few features I have found lacking in the CX-3:

MUSIC PLAYBACK: There is one simple but very important control missing from the audio system. There is no STOP button for iPod/CD/USB playback. Unless I have missed something, the only options I have found are:
A) Mute the sound. The problem is that the songs continue to play, which is not good as I usually want to begin listening from where I left off, especially with podcasts and audiobooks.
B) Press pause. The problem is that every time I stop/start the car the music does not stay paused, it begins playing again and I have to press pause every time.
C) Switch to a radio station (which stops the iPod/CD/USB from continuing to play) then turn the volume all the way down. This works but is obviously a pain to do every time.
They need to include a STOP button for iPod/CD/USB playback and also change MUTE so that in addition to muting the sound, it also pauses iPod/CD/USB playback (I know there is a hack out there for this, but I’m not sure yet if I want to go there).

BOSE SOUND SYSTEM: Given that the system includes a subwoofer I was very surprised to find no subwoofer level control, which I think should be included at a bare minimum. I was also disappointed to discover that the only tone adjustments are bass & treble. Even the basic unit in my 2003 Protegé5 had bass, midrange and treble controls. A 5-band EQ would be even better. The system does sound reasonably good as it is, but could be much better with a bit more control.

I think most of these comments have been made before in various threads. You are going to get fed up with me by the time I’ve finished! The CX-5 has the centre point feature that creates a surround sound feature and auto sound level. There is no sub as such but there is a big bassy speaker on the dash

IGNITION-OFF POWER WINDOW FEATURE: After turning the car off, there is a period of time when power is still available to roll up the drivers window. A nice feature, but not all that helpful when limited to only the driver’s window. Strange they didn’t allow all windows and the sunroof (I always forget to close the darn sunroof!) to be closed after the ignition is turned off.

The CX-5 has all auto windows (up and down) and all will operate after ignition off although only the driver window will auto up.

GLOVE BOX LIGHT: To me this is a strange one. It’s such a basic, easy & cheap thing to include compared to how much of a pain it is when you don’t have one. No idea why it was omitted, but I can’t imagine something so minuscule would get the axe for weight reasons. If that is the reason I think that’s going a bit too far. I’m generally very supportive of Mazda’s light weight philosophy, but I’d gladly live with the extra 100 grams for a glovebox light.
Don’t even have to quote the CX-5 here. All the UK CX-3s have a glovebox light - don’t ask me why?

· Registered
5 Posts
I have had the CX-3 GT for a month.
Very little to complain about so far especially since I can drive in the snow like a BOSS.

WISHLIST IN ORDER OF PRIORITY

- Adjust aerodynamics so the rear window/hatch doesn't get so filthy in the slightest of rain. Constant mist back there. (perhaps the factory mud flaps help?).
- Make steering a bit stiffer or provide an option for steering feel
- Increase steering wheel girth (yes, I said girth) but not circumference. It feels like I can wrap my fingers around the wheel multiple times.
- Extend the paddle shifters so I don't have to reach for them when driving at 9 and 3.
- Offer a factory lowering kit so we can at least pretend to be fast and furious should we choose
- Add option to disable the HUD screen popup. I use the HUD but I understand why some would want it out of their way altogether.

That is all.

· Registered
451 Posts
I like your comment about the aerodynamics needing improvement. I discovered that if you have the i-active system with extra sensors for safety equipment on your car, the rear sensors especially are prone to fail when there is any dirt buildup on the back bumper area. I wish they would at least mark where these sensors with a coloured triangle or something. Then I could quickly stop, get out and wipe these areas off (together with the backup camera lens) when they get muddy. This happens quite a bit on the roads where I do a lot of my driving. I nearly ran over a dear old lady who was walking past behind my car last week. I realize it was my fault and I should have checked my sight lines physically before putting it in reverse, but. I believe one tends to develop a dependency on these systems as we get more used to the car.

· Premium Member
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
I like your comment about the aerodynamics needing improvement. I discovered that if you have the i-active system with extra sensors for safety equipment on your car, the rear sensors especially are prone to fail when there is any dirt buildup on the back bumper area. I wish they would at least mark where these sensors with a coloured triangle or something. Then I could quickly stop, get out and wipe these areas off (together with the backup camera lens) when they get muddy. This happens quite a bit on the roads where I do a lot of my driving. I nearly ran over a dear old lady who was walking past behind my car last week. I realize it was my fault and I should have checked my sight lines physically before putting it in reverse, but. I believe one tends to develop a dependency on these systems as we get more used to the car.
Do you mean the parking sensors or blind spot monitoring sensors? You can see the parking sensors but I can tell you that the blind spot sensors are quite large and are positioned level with the bottom of the hatch door and about half way across that space under the rear light between the hatch lid and the wheel arch.

· Registered
747 Posts
Amen, brother. It's plenty powerful for a small basic hatchback.
What!? Basic hatchback!?

I'm offended! You're talking about my Practical Man's Cayenne ... but with better styling, better fuel economy, and all-round more fun!

:D

· Registered
62 Posts
I love that this engine is naturally aspirated! No turbos for this girl.

After four months of ownership, my main gripes:

1. Need more storage space up front.
2. Despite cranking my seat up as far as it will go, I still don't feel high enough. Oh, and let passengers have that adjustment luxury as well.
3. Shorten the nose and embiggen* the cargo space.
4. Bigger windows (with a lower belt-line) would be fabulous.

Other than that, we're good. ;)

* Yes, that's a word. It's in Springfield's town motto. :cool:

· Registered
11 Posts
I came from an Infinity G37 coupe and find the capabilities of the CX-3 more than acceptable... in some cases even better - like steering feel and braking and certainly gas mileage. At any rate, there are 2 things I'd really like Mazda to address: 1) I live in south Florida, USA and with all the sun we have, the dash gauges cannot be brightened enough to be read very easily. And if you put on sunglasses, they are almost impossible to see... even the speedometer. I've spent a lot of time adjusting the brightness & had the dealer try a couple of times and basically they say, "They are all like that." 2) The only other thing I'd like to see changed is the center console/cupholder/armrest design - as mentioned by many.

· Registered
7 Posts
CX-3 features are mind-boggling. Especially the blind-spot monitoring feature of the car, it has helped many times whenever I drive from my home to my office where I provide essay writing service. Also, the rear cross-traffic alert gives me an indication in case of huge traffic or the upcoming traffic and the last but not the least is the 7.0-inch touchscreen which I use for playing songs and navigation while driving.

· Registered
2 Posts
As requested, I am pinning this thread so that you place your feedback regarding this car. Its a place to debate opinion and share your wish list for forthcoming model updates. Remain civil and we’re not interested in fans of other marques expressing their preference for something else.
Definitely fix the armrest! I'm afraid it's going to break in my '16!. Stop the ac from shutting down when stopped for traffic lights! It get hot quick inside the car. I'm tired of putting the car in neutral to keep the ac cool in the car!

61 - 74 of 74 Posts