Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Im intrested in buying a Cx3 2.0 skyactive petrol manual , what do you tell me about its consumption pls . In Malta we do not have highways etc only city driving .

·
Registered
56 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im very close of buying a cx3 and I need to have peace of mind about consumption !! A very nice model the cx3

·
Registered
893 Posts
I drive mainly in the city, during morning and afternoon rush hour traffic. I average about 25 miles per gallon. Now I don't drive like an angel all the time, otherwise I would average 27 or more. There's no fun in driving this car like a grandpa :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On MondayIm going to buy the 2wd top of the range and the consumption would be better in a 2 wd

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sounds like a great way to go if you want the best gas mileage possible in the CX-3.

Then again in my AWD, I averaged 37 MPG today on a 200+ mile road trip mostly on highways...;)

·
Registered
327 Posts
I managed 38.5 miles per gallon tonight on my drive back to Milwaukee. 130 mile trip. 2016 AWD US spec petrol 2.0L model w/automatic transmission. This is far and away the best I've ever managed for this same trip even in this same car. Had a bit of rain on the drive so I kept speeds down at 60-63 mph on the highway even in areas where the speed limit is 70. I think I had a tailwind from the storm front that was chasing me eastward. I also turned off the air conditioner and defogger because I didn't need them on.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hi Im intrested in buying a Cx3 2.0 skyactive petrol manual , what do you tell me about its consumption pls . In Malta we do not have highways etc only city driving .
Hi Ryan, I've been getting an average of 42mpg imp (35mpg us). I have a 2wd drive 2.0L. Auto. I've got 10,000km on the clock.

·
Super Moderator
547 Posts
I have no problem averaging 27 mpg in Chicago surface street traffic (less in gridlock on the highways).

My wife, on the other hand, is having a good day when she can break 23 mpg.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

·
Registered
327 Posts
I usually get somewhere around 26-ish miles/gallon on each tank under my usual driving habits with about 80-90% of that being city driving, stoplight to stoplight.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Code:
Just Ordered today a New Mazda Cx3 Soul Red
Congratulations! Enjoy it. I think you will be pleasantly surprised with your fuel economy.

Be sure to share some pics with us when you get yours.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Let us know what your experiences are with fuel economy; I'm hoping mine will get better - I just posted a new thread about this. Mine is AWD, though, so you can expect a bit more!

Greetings to lovely Malta!!

Kat

·
Registered
451 Posts
Interesting about fuel consumption figures. During the first 6 months or so I was getting about 7.2 L/100 km. Now just over a year later I am getting well over 8.2. I am wondering why. I also have AWD and am wondering if anyone else is having this problem. As it is, my consumption is now on a par with my previous much larger and heavier Subaru Forester that I had previous to the CX3.

A possible reason could be the constant use of the air conditioner as the summer is finally heating up here in Ontario Canada, but my consumption figures were much lower last summer in the same time period, so that doesn't explain it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Ryan, I am from Malta as well and interested to buy a Mazda CX3 as well (2.0 petrol automatic). Can you please tell me how did it go for you? Are you happy with the fuel consumption please?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts