Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
$150 for the kit from Amazon and done in an hour. The only issue I had was yanking the old USB hub out... tried the drilling method but ended up using a screwdriver and BFH after to pop the tabs. After that install took about an hour. Everything popped off from the inside if I fished around in the dash so I didn't even need to use a trim tool. Other than the USB thing fighting me this is the easiest mod I've ever done on a vehicle.
Mind sharing the Amazon product link for the item you mentioned?

I'd like to give it a shot!

Thanks!

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A6013 mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey, I'm new to this and trying to work out what to do.
1. If I have the old usb hub, why can't I use the mazdatweaks software to update to Android Auto? Other than getting usb3 power on the new hub, what else am I gaining? Afterall you connect your phone to the hub via bluetooth I assume not usb. Kinda bit crap to have to have the phone wired in constantly. Maybe I'm missing something here?

2. Does a custom install on the old usb hub mean Mazda would no longer do servicing etc? I doubt I have a warranty being the 3rd owner of my xc3.

Thanks
I didn't have the knowledge before I upgraded my CX3 to android Auto, but as far as I know, the most important thing you will LOOSE if you upgrade the module is touchscreen support inside AA. Something I dislike about it. Other than that, having native AA provides smoother, lag free experience.

Enviado desde mi GM1917 mediante Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts