Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Would like more information.

$150 for the kit from Amazon and done in an hour. The only issue I had was yanking the old USB hub out... tried the drilling method but ended up using a screwdriver and BFH after to pop the tabs. After that install took about an hour. Everything popped off from the inside if I fished around in the dash so I didn't even need to use a trim tool. Other than the USB thing fighting me this is the easiest mod I've ever done on a vehicle.
Can you provide a step by step with pictures? I have a 2019 CX3 without android auto. I would like to install this myself. The latest firmware is 70.xxxxx. Do I have really to take out the usb hub it came with?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cx-3 carplay,android auto

TO:WebDevDan
I am confused because the usb hub in my car looks exactly like the picture from the link you attached in Amazon.

So why I should I buy the same thing I have? What I am thinking is that I need is the software so I can mirror my phone to the dashboard screen? Any thoughts on how to this?

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same question. I did buy retrofit kit but I'm not sure if I need to install it or only software for my CX-3 2019 Sport. My doubts are coming from my experience with the navy - I just bought a card on Amazon for $69, install it and it works. Plug'n play. Please answer.
Can you send me the link for the software? I do not want to buy a usb hub since the car came with it. Do you have the usb hub with your car?
I have a CX-3 2019 Grand Touring but I know I do not have Android Auto, they only gave me a navigation card instead of Android Auto.

To WebDevDan
I am not sure if I have the phone icon next to the usb port.

·
Registered
4 Posts
To WebDevDan

Ok. So I just confirmed, my car does not have the phone icon next to the usb, its a standard hub. What's next?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts