Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
TO:WebDevDan
I am confused because the usb hub in my car looks exactly like the picture from the link you attached in Amazon.

So why I should I buy the same thing I have? What I am thinking is that I need is the software so I can mirror my phone to the dashboard screen? Any thoughts on how to this?
I have the same question. I did buy retrofit kit but I'm not sure if I need to install it or only software for my CX-3 2019 Sport. My doubts are coming from my experience with the navy - I just bought a card on Amazon for $69, install it and it works. Plug'n play. Please answer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That's what I found - in spite you (and me) have similarly looking panels, in order to have Apple CarPlay we need retrofit kit since it's panel has a different, higher voltage USB module. In order to have CarPlay the connected phone needs a constant charge thus the new panel with the different USB module and a new wiring. I'm pissed off but retrofit kit is required (approx. $150 on Amazon) and needs to be installed Then there is a few ways (including DIY) to download software. Or you can ask dealer to do everything - my quotes from 2 different dealerships (one in NJ and another - in CT) were $369 and $399 including parts, labor and software. Needs about 2 hours.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Funny, but nothing like that in US - I mean special campaign in Canada. Apple CarPlay available as a dealer installed accessory and cost a bit less than $400. No special campaign, no any discounts. My car was delivered on 12/10/19 and was made in June 2019.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts