Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or similar I suppose. The same powertrain in the 3 hatch gets 34 MPG combined. Considering the CX-3 is on the smaller 2 platform I think we should see similar numbers even when coupled with AWD...

·
Registered
190 Posts
I think that is a number that everyone could be happy with. Does that put it on par with the rest of the vehicles in this segment?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks to Skyactive weight reductions, the CX-5 is larger than the CR-V and weights less (1485 vs 1583 kg).

The Honda HR-V with AWD weights 1270kg. The Skyactive CX-3 has the same dimensions; applying the same ratio, it might weight less than 1200 kg (with AWD). AWD is inactive most of the time, so except for its extra weight, it should not affect mileage.

The Mazda3 weights 1320kg. I think that, with the same 2.0l engine, the lighter CX-3 should use less fuel and have better acceleration.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Can't wait for vehicles like the CX-3 to get a carbon fiber monocoque, which won't happen for at least another decade :D

·
Registered
149 Posts
Can't wait for vehicles like the CX-3 to get a carbon fiber monocoque, which won't happen for at least another decade :D
Ha! Carbon fiber on the CX-3. That would be crazy. It's going to be a long time before carbon fiber manufacturing gets to be that inexpensive, but BMW is investing a lot in that technology so it could one day happen.

·
Registered
83 Posts
i read up on how CF will get far more cheaper, as much as by 80% apparently.
that can at the very least influence how far down it trickled down the vehicle segments.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts