Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgot to post this when I installed my RokBlokz. To install them you have to pull away the fender liners to get the U-nuts on a few tabs. There was a ton of slimy leaf debris, acorns, even a horse chestnut - collecting down there. I've had this car since June - so this is just one fall's worth of leaf crud. I think it comes down from the corner by the top of the hood. Not sure there's much that can be done about it, but it can't be good for the metal just sitting there wet like that against the metal. As it warms up I'll try to think of something.

Passenger side:

Driver side:

·
Registered
451 Posts
Well timed! I just had someone try and remove my driver's side front fender at an intersection a couple of days ago, pulling off the plastic wheel well protective strip. A good time to get in there with a pressure washer and remove 5 years of crud put in there by driving on a muddy gravel road.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Fun fun, reminds me of the old family 2008 nissan sentra my parents still have. I thought the blower motor was dieing because you need 3/4 power to have it blow gently. I switched the cabin filter the other day but decided to test how it would blow without the filter and when I cranked it, a bunch of leave shards and weird seedlings blew out similar to your mess you pulled out. Apparently the intake vents are under the wiper on the windshield area where leaves just slide in and get sucked up for that car.

I spend too much time with the bumper off on the cx-3 the last couple years so thankfully nothing accumulated on the front side and the actual mud flaps protected against most of this on the back but yea, the oem stuff is not ideal. My rally armor flaps are using the rokblokz hardware but once installed you have the piece of mind that accumulation back there is going to severely decline especially in the snow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts