Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped by our local dealer last night because they had just got their first load of CX-3's in. Liked what I saw and went back this morning for a test drive.

Welllllll, I'm now the proud owner of a GT model (Tech Pkg) black with the black interior. Now I just need to wait until Wed. (4 sleeps) to pickup!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Congrats!
What made you sign on the line?
Interior impressions?
Test drives comments?
Please!!
We are hungry for any tidbits here in the US!!

;)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Stopped by our local dealer last night because they had just got their first load of CX-3's in. Liked what I saw and went back this morning for a test drive.

Welllllll, I'm now the proud owner of a GT model (Tech Pkg) black with the black interior. Now I just need to wait until Wed. (4 sleeps) to pickup!
At least you get yours on Wednesday. Mine comes in September unless they find one in another dealer. Seriously I think you have made a great choice. Remember to let us know your first impressions.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Overall impression of quality and well designed car. In descending order:

Comfort - Roomier than I thought it would be. I'm 5'7" so head room is no problem. But it's still has a least a couple of inches more than my Toyota Matrix I'm replacing. I'm not tall, but I'm wide and the seats fit nicely. I sat in the rear seats (once and not again) and the doors are smallish but when your in, it's fairly roomy. They have a recessed area in the roof liner that's just where your head is and that adds a couple of inches of head room nicely.

Driving - Quiet, smooth, accelerates much better than my Matrix. No speed demon, but I wasn't looking for that in this car. Controls are nicely placed and I even liked the HUD display. I was anxious about it being a distraction but it sits nicely down along the hood line where you can easily see it, but not block any of view.

Trim - The inside is very well detailed, clean lines and everything is well thought out. Really wrestled with the interior colors. Wasn't comfortable with the mostly white leather interior (worried about upkeep) but it looks great. So went with the black interior - nicely done red detailing and a little more traditional looking.

The compact size - I was looking for a car that drives me around. To and from work and around town. Kids are grown up, my wife has a Ford Escape if we need extra space (and the Matrix moved down to my daughter so it's still around). The CX-3 will rarely , if ever, have anybody in the backseats - doesn't need to fit more than groceries or such in the back (which really is small, but with the seats folded down not bad - Matrix would win hands down there) and seldom have somebody in the passenger seat - it's mine.

If you're looking for a family car - to carry the kids and a dog to go on a family road trip - this isn't the right car. But if you want to drive somewhere in comfort, with good visibility, have AWD, be reliable and maybe take somebody else along - then this is the right car.

Oh - it's looks great too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Burning questions:

Did you notice if the dynamic blue color was among the ones on the lot? I'm dying to know if that color will make it to the US.

I know you bought the GT, but do you recall the price points of some of the other trims?

What dealer was this? I was almost contemplating a road trip to Canada to drive one lol.

Edit: Wait, are you even in the US? It only just occurred to me that you might be in Canada. I read GT and automatically thought Grand Touring as in the US trim levels.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry, should have stated - Kitchener Ontario Canada

The blue is a very sharp color - they only had it in the GS trim - here's the link to the Canadian Mazda CX-3 site with Canadian prices https://www.allnewcx3.ca/

Local dealer was Forbes Mazda Waterloo

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sorry, should have stated - Kitchener Ontario Canada

The blue is a very sharp color - they only had it in the GS trim - here's the link to the Canadian Mazda CX-3 site with Canadian prices https://www.allnewcx3.ca/

Local dealer was Forbes Mazda Waterloo
Damn. I got excited thinking it had made an appearance in the U.S.

I'm chomping at the bit for more information on US pricing, configurations, and available colors.

Already saving up for my down payment here.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Damn. I got excited thinking it had made an appearance in the U.S.

I'm chomping at the bit for more information on US pricing, configurations, and available colors.

Already saving up for my down payment here.
An appearance in Canada, that is somewhere not all too far from the boarder ain't too bad!

Plus don't Americans usually get cars before Canadians?

·
Registered
872 Posts
Plus don't Americans usually get cars before Canadians?
Nope. The 2nd gen Mazda3 hit the CN market months before the US. The BMW x1 a full model year before the US. We're always last, it seems :(

·
Registered
872 Posts
Thanks for the mini review. I'm hoping your impressions are what I too experience. I'm really liking everything I'm seeing/reading thus far. A lil more power would be nice but thats not an option.

·
Registered
94 Posts

Comfort - Roomier than I thought it would be. I'm 5'7" so head room is no problem. But it's still has a least a couple of inches more than my Toyota Matrix I'm replacing. I'm not tall, but I'm wide and the seats fit nicely. I sat in the rear seats (once and not again) and the doors are smallish but when your in, it's fairly roomy. They have a recessed area in the roof liner that's just where your head is and that adds a couple of inches of head room nicely.

Driving - Quiet, smooth, accelerates much better than my Matrix. No speed demon, but I wasn't looking for that in this car. Controls are nicely placed and I even liked the HUD display. I was anxious about it being a distraction but it sits nicely down along the hood line where you can easily see it, but not block any of view.

Trim - The inside is very well detailed, clean lines and everything is well thought out. Really wrestled with the interior colors. Wasn't comfortable with the mostly white leather interior (worried about upkeep) but it looks great. So went with the black interior - nicely done red detailing and a little more traditional looking.

The compact size - I was looking for a car that drives me around. To and from work and around town. Kids are grown up, my wife has a Ford Escape if we need extra space (and the Matrix moved down to my daughter so it's still around). The CX-3 will rarely , if ever, have anybody in the backseats - doesn't need to fit more than groceries or such in the back (which really is small, but with the seats folded down not bad - Matrix would win hands down there) and seldom have somebody in the passenger seat - it's mine.

If you're looking for a family car - to carry the kids and a dog to go on a family road trip - this isn't the right car. But if you want to drive somewhere in comfort, with good visibility, have AWD, be reliable and maybe take somebody else along - then this is the right car.

Oh - it's looks great too.
This is a great little review. I was curious how the CX-3 compared to the Toyota Matrix/Pontiac Vibe. As much as I like the features you mention, I think I made the right decision going for the Mazda 3 instead as it has nearly the same cargo room and a little more rear passenger room; both of which I tend to use a bit more. I frequently filled the back end of my Vibe and the 3 hauls just as much. If that wasn't an issue, though, the CX-3 sounds like a great replacement. Hope you love it!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts