Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of springs for my CX-3. I know all the arguments against, but I really want to stabilize some of the handling characteristics of the car. Ride height and poor matching of damper valving to springs are the leading causes of some of the bobbliness we get at times. The CX-3 is an amazing handler, but it can be improved.

I know that Corksport tried to take the factory damper valving into account when they developed their springs, but they really drop the CX-3. That front overhang worries me plus I have factory splash guards. I worry about scraping that front and the splash guards. Does anyone on here have the Corksport springs? If you do, please chime in with your experiences.

Thanks.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I know there is another thread asking for similar info, but that is from a while ago. Just looking for more info. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Time to be a guinea pig!

Reactions: DavidRam

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi Guys,

Have had Eibach's fitted, very hard compared to factory coils, removed them.

Have Corksports fitted now, absolutely love them, feels only marginally firmer than factory coils, yes car looks so much better when dropped in my opinion, I am also running 20's no scrub issues at all.

Yes front over hang is closer to the ground as expected, but having driven many lowered cars over the years you do get to know what you can do and can not.

Even when had the Eibach's in it I was still carefull as such.

Just my thoughts though on this matter, and as you eluded to, there will always be those in favor, and those against these type of mods, thats what make these cars a personal thing.

Check my Gallery Images of how my car looks and sits, I have just installed a A45 AMG Style rear spoiler which I am yet to upload some pics of, but will get around to doing it soon.

1st Photo is with Eibach's, 2nd is with Corks

Darren

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. I have driven many lowered cars before too and I understand what you mean. Just wondering how bad it is. You car looks really good. Thanks for the input.

Hi Guys,

Have Corksports fitted now, absolutely love them, feels only marginally firmer than factory coils, yes car looks so much better when dropped in my opinion, I am also running 20's no scrub issues at all.

Yes front over hang is closer to the ground as expected, but having driven many lowered cars over the years you do get to know what you can do and can not.

Just my thoughts though on this matter, and as you eluded to, there will always be those in favor, and those against these type of mods, thats what make these cars a personal thing.

Check my Gallery Images of how my car looks and sits, I have just installed a A45 AMG Style rear spoiler which I am yet to upload some pics of, but will get around to doing it soon.

Darren

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can't wait to see that spoiler. The CX-3 begs for something more aggressive back there. Even a nice add-on lip would look good.

Hi Guys,

Darren

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am going to measure the height of the front of my fiancée's 2018 3 sedan and compare it to the CX-3 minus 2 inches. Just to get an idea. My latest lowered car is the Mazdaspeed and I have no issues, but I am also very careful.

The Mustang's headers hang so low that a pop can on its side won't fit between the collectors and the ground. That is how low it is, but of course it has coil overs that allow me to raise it to load on a trailer.

Not going coil overs on the CX-3. Overkill for it IMHO.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi,

I have finally been out to measure my Car, hope that this can be of some help for all involved.

I never measured my Car with the Factory Coils before Lowering, sorry for that.

Please see the following with Lowered Coils

Eibach Springs

Centre wheel hub to lip on guard --- Front 39cm Rear 39cm
Ground to lip on guard --- Front 71cm Rear 72cm

CorkSport Springs

Centre wheel hub to lip on guard --- Front 36cm Rear 37cm
Ground to lip on guard --- Front 68cm Rear 70cm

I also measured from the Ground to the Top of the Mazda Grill Badge it was 70cm

These were all taken with a Half Tank of Petrol.

Darren

·
Registered
132 Posts
Spoiler Alert

Can't wait to see that spoiler. The CX-3 begs for something more aggressive back there. Even a nice add-on lip would look good.
Hi guys,

Hope that these Images are acceptable took them quickly as such.

Darren

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi guys,

Darren
That doesn't look bad. Maybe not my thing, but it looks pretty good and really suits what you have done to your CX-3. :D

Reactions: sippffo

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wish I could find a nice lip to add on to the edge of the factory wing/spoiler that didn't cost an arm and a leg. I have seen them for the CX-5 that are around $60-$70 that look really nice.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi guys,

Darren
Looks great Darren, did you just drill and bolt it to the existing wing?

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-3 Akari AWD
14 Posts
Hi Guys,

Darren
Hey Darren,

I’m planning on putting corksport springs on mine also, as well as a set of 19s. I’m wondering what tyres I can go without getting any wheel rubbing at all? I was thinking 235/35/19, is there any bigger possibly from your knowledge that would work?

James

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hey Darren,

I’m planning on putting corksport springs on mine also, as well as a set of 19s. I’m wondering what tyres I can go without getting any wheel rubbing at all? I was thinking 235/35/19, is there any bigger possibly from your knowledge that would work?

James
Hi James,

I used a Tyre Size Calculator to check what size woud work, as I did not want to change my Speedo reading, and wanted that to remain correct.

That size of 19" Tyre that you have said is what size I was running when I too had 19's on my car at one stage.

This is the site that I used, all you need to do is Input your Original Size Tyres, and then Input what size that your considering.

Hope this can be of some help, I have 20 x 8.5 +36 with 235/35/20 tyres, Lowered via Corks, Tyres DO NOT scrub

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for the reply! And all the info!

However...I’m struggling to understand what some of these results in this chart even mean...?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi James,

I used a Tyre Size Calculator to check what size woud work, as I did not want to change my Speedo reading, and wanted that to remain correct.

That size of 19" Tyre that you have said is what size I was running when I too had 19's on my car at one stage.

This is the site that I used, all you need to do is Input your Original Size Tyres, and then Input what size that your considering.

Hope this can be of some help, I have 20 x 8.5 +36 with 235/35/20 tyres, Lowered via Corks, Tyres DO NOT scrub
OK, so I understand the numbers now. Based on what I can see my two best options on 19”s are either:

235/40/19
265/35/19

Any advice on whether the 265 would even fit? Thinking at the moment to go the 235/40/19 however really wanted a thinner side wall.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts