1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
745 Posts
Go for it, install it, and post a youtube video for us to compare it with the Remus :)

I'm still leaning towards the Remus, $540 sans tips, delivered ... and go with a pair of eBay-ed ersatz tips.

But first I have a NOS pair of MB Quart Reference speakers and matching amp sitting in the den crying to be let out of their boxes and installed ... which in turn requires I first decide what sound-deadening to use in the doors.

Me, an hour of planning for every minute of doing :-(

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you follow the link, they have a video with the sound.

Go for it, install it, and post a youtube video for us to compare it with the Remus ?

I'm still leaning towards the Remus, $540 sans tips, delivered ... and go with a pair of eBay-ed ersatz tips.

But first I have a NOS pair of MB Quart Reference speakers and matching amp sitting in the den crying to be let out of their boxes and installed ... which in turn requires I first decide what sound-deadening to use in the doors.

Me, an hour of planning for every minute of doing :-(

·
Registered
745 Posts
$600 is a lot of money for a poor, retired school teacher :-(

However, if you can't be electric quiet, you need a little rumble in your wagon, don't you agree?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ordered mine yesterday...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will do!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is due on the 5th of September. Hopefully sooner than that...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's installed. It went really easy and the only thing I did different is that I put polyurethane exhaust mounts where the factory rubber ones would have went. I did this because with an aftermarket exhaust there's only two rubbers holding it in the back and that actually holds up most of the middle of the exhaust going under the car too. Polyurethane mounts will make sure everything is nice and secure.

The sound is perfect. It's just a nice low rumble not too loud at all and there is no drone. I guess that's why they use the staggered resonators so that they could tune the exhaust to the point that there wouldn't be drone. It actually sounds almost exactly like my Mazdaspeed 3 did when it was stock maybe a little bit more like stock with a race pipe where the second cat was. Like I said it's actually perfect.

I tried to take a video in 4k, and while it turned out beautiful the sound was too muffled because I had used a microfiber towel and a chair to hold up my phone and I think it covered the mics too much. I'll try to get a better video later and post it to YouTube.

Sorry for the dirty car in the pics...

Attachments

·
Registered
745 Posts
Very nice!

Their personalized note tempts one to choose Corksport over Remus :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The quality is very good and it is a nice tight fit. Doesn't hang down low. It's nice and tucked up in. I think the tips are very handsome and are properly sized. I am very pleased with the sound. Of course I doubt if it really gained any power, maybe 4-5hp if the Mazda 3 dynos Corksport posted are any indication, so seat of the pants feel can't really be gauged. I will say it does feel peppier, but that is probably psychological plus I can get a better judgement of how my throttle inputs are affecting things because I can hear the engine now. That is a huge plus.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very nice!

Their personalized note tempts one to choose Corksport over Remus :)
That note is actually on a very nice Corksport postcard with a picture of a heavily modified ND Mazda Miata/MX-5 on the other side.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I hate that the video does not do it justice. It has much more of a rumble at idle and is much deeper under throttle. These new phones have the mics in such odd positions due to the effort to make the bezels smaller and smaller. If I lay it in a chair or something, the sound is muffled. If I hold it, it sounds fine, but I can't hold it and rev the car at the same time. Need to get a helper and do another.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I hate that the video does not do it justice. It has much more of a rumble at idle and is much deeper under throttle. These new phones have the mics in such odd positions due to the effort to make the bezels smaller and smaller. If I lay it in a chair or something, the sound is muffled. If I hold it, it sounds fine, but I can't hold it and rev the car at the same time. Need to get a helper and do another.
So Torque, now that you've had the exhaust on for a good couple weeks to settle in, how's it holding up? any change it issues?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So Torque, now that you've had the exhaust on for a good couple weeks to settle in, how's it holding up? any change it issues?
I actually got a crazy urge and traded it on a fully loaded 2018 Mazda 6 GT Turbo. Lol.

But the exhaust was fine. Actually the sound continued to mellow and was nice and deep. No drone, not loud at all. The dealer was actually pleased with it and asked to keep it. I got plenty out of my CX-3, so I was okay with leaving it for the deal.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I actually got a crazy urge and traded it on a fully loaded 2018 Mazda 6 GT Turbo. Lol.

But the exhaust was fine. Actually the sound continued to mellow and was nice and deep. No drone, not loud at all. The dealer was actually pleased with it and asked to keep it. I got plenty out of my CX-3, so I was okay with leaving it for the deal.
OMG hahaha!! PLOT TWIST!!
I was definitely not expecting that :D
Well....congrats on the new ride. Glad you stuck with Mazda. So now it's Orange tuning, rims, exhaust, and all funky stuff all over again!
Post a pic!

·
Registered
218 Posts

...actually I literally JUST noticed your signature change...derp!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This is literally right after I got it.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts