Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm facing my first long roadtrip this summer (over 4000 km) and I was wondering if the Naviextras connected services (the ones that provide live traffic updates and gas prices etc.) are worth the cost of almost 100EUR for 3 years?

Is it also required to use your phone as a hotspot to get these live traffic updates? I can't seem to find any information about it.

Links to the purchase page

Any information and advise would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I'm facing my first long roadtrip this summer (over 4000 km) and I was wondering if the Naviextras connected services (the ones that provide live traffic updates and gas prices etc.) are worth the cost of almost 100EUR for 3 years?

Is it also required to use your phone as a hotspot to get these live traffic updates? I can't seem to find any information about it.

Links to the purchase page

Any information and advise would be greatly appreciated.
Peter,

You'll find the information you need on the Compatability tab on the link you qoted, namely :-

Compatibility Requirements for Live Traffic/Local search/Fuel Prices/Weather services:

1. Ensure your smartphone is equipped with Wi-Fi hotspot capabilities.

2. Before you connect your car via Wi-Fi, check with your mobile network operator if (i) you have the appropriate subscription agreement and (ii) the right data plan that supports the utilisation of data over tethering:

a. Connected Services will increase the data consumption of your smartphone. This might result in extra charges billed by your network operator, if you do not have an unlimited data plan package.

b. The average monthly consumption of data needed for Connected Services (based on 6 hours per day 20 days per months) is estimated at 50 MB

c. We advise you not to use the Connected Services abroad unless you have the appropriate roaming data plan from your Network Operator.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I completely missed that part.

But that still leaves me wondering if it's worth it. I have free DataRoaming in EU so that won't be a problem and 50MB a month is not that bad. But it still rather expensive.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You get to try it out free for 60 days from first use.

One of the members of the UK forums says that, in the UK at least, the live traffic information is not very good.
That is true. The way I read it though it seemed the 60 days started from the day I first used the navigation system. I'll give it a look over the weekend and see if I still have those 60 days. That should cover my road trip then.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts