Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I just bought a new AWD CX-3 and think the car sits so much better with a lowered stance. Has anyone here done this yet? If so, where did you buy your suspension? I can't seem to find any e-retailers in the US (everything seems to be in Japan).

·
Registered
871 Posts
There are a few lowered CX3's out there. Member Silman has a mild drop on springs. I've not seen one on coilovers. Sorry I don't know of any retailers to direct you to.

·
Registered
14 Posts
So eibach only offers springs in the UK so far, unless you want to pay for shipping. Corksport just came out with a set of lowering springs. Corksport.com. They really need to be a sponsor on this website.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I lowered mine with cork sport springs. They are a great company that only deals in Mazda parts. Ride quality is very good. It looks way better. As soon as I put some pics on photo bucket I will post some.

·
Registered
118 Posts
From the Owner's Manual -

SRS Airbags
Do not modify the suspension
Modifying the vehicle suspension is dangerous. If the vehicle's height or the suspension
is modified, the vehicle will be unable to accurately detect a collision resulting in
incorrect or unexpected air bag deployment and the possibility of serious injuries.

Headlight Beam Control System
Do not adjust the vehicle height, modify the headlight units, or remove the camera,
otherwise the system will not operate normally.

Lane Departure Warning System
Do not modify the suspension. If the vehicle height or the damping force of the
suspensions is changed, the LDWS may not operate correctly.

Smart City Brake Support
Do not modify the suspension
If the vehicle height or inclination is changed, the system will not be able to correctly
detect vehicles ahead. This will result in the Smart City Brake Support (SCBS) system
not operating normally or mistakenly operating, which could cause a serious accident.

:eek:

·
Registered
871 Posts
IMO, lawyers.

What happens if you are fully laden? Does the same apply?.....

Not advocating slamming it but a .5 lower shouldn't impact all those features.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I think as with all manufacturers the lawyers control the statements that go into the manuals, as it can come back in any court case.

If you lower the car without changing the incline dramatically I can't see how it would be any issue at all.

I have had many lowered cars and still have a couple at present.

The CX3 is not lowered but if I was to do it, it would be with coilovers for 2 reasons.

First I want to get the height exactly where I want it and that's not possible with set height springs ( and don't start me on people who cut springs). Coilovers give full control and flexibility to change if your situation needs it.

Second most coilovers give some control over rebound and compression so get a ride that is way better handling than stock without becoming too firm.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.