Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My CX-3 has 500 miles on it. After driving it for 10-15 minutes, the car makes a clicking noise when it idles. If I shift the car into park the noise goes away. Has anyone experienced this issue?

·
Registered
218 Posts
With that amount of miles on it I'd be into the dealership asap. I don't have that noise on mine so far and I'm up to 7100kms/4411mi on it :eek:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is it a constant clicking or like 1 to 2 clicks now and then. I have a 2017 CX-3 with about 4600 miles and I also hear a click when I idle. I opened the hood to look one day and it was one of the belt engaging and disengaging on one of the engine parts.

·
Super Moderator
547 Posts
My CX-3 has 500 miles on it. After driving it for 10-15 minutes, the car makes a clicking noise when it idles. If I shift the car into park the noise goes away. Has anyone experienced this issue?
Can you record a sample of what you're hearing?

Is it a constant clicking or like 1 to 2 clicks now and then. I have a 2017 CX-3 with about 4600 miles and I also hear a click when I idle. I opened the hood to look one day and it was one of the belt engaging and disengaging on one of the engine parts.
This sounds like the A/C relay turning on/off to engage the A/C clutch. Turn off the A/C and see if it goes away.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts