Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day everyone.

Can anyone please share their experience/advise on how to clean the wheel fenders/liners? I ask, because I noticed they use the 'carpet' like material and not sure standard soap will keep them clean, plus don't want to scrub them with a brush either.

Thank you.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I've used a pressure washer and still cannot get the debris from leaves off of the fuzz. I assume they will decompose over time :( I wish Mazda had chosen a better material that would aid in proper cleaning.

·
Registered
272 Posts
a low cost method is to head on over to a coin wash. Use the soap spray and aim with full pressure in the wheel well area. let it soak for a good ~4-5 mins.

then use water and pressure wash spray the sh*t out of those areas. it has worked very well for me.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
That product uses quite a lot of recycled material but the main benefit is that it suppresses a significant amount of spray. I reckon the best method is the pressure washer but don't beat yourself up over it. It is extremely durable and other than the looks, it won't come to any harm or degrade. It will actually clean itself in heavy rain.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That product uses quite a lot of recycled material but the main benefit is that it suppresses a significant amount of spray. I reckon the best method is the pressure washer but don't beat yourself up over it. It is extremely durable and other than the looks, it won't come to any harm or degrade. It will actually clean itself in heavy rain.
Thank you for the information...good to know.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Hmm! It is the same stuff that audio engineers use inside speaker enclosures to deaden sound. I once had a pair of English made "Leak" speakers that had the same type of bitumen inside. Great sound from them. If it deadens sound hitting it, I imagine the same laws of physics would apply to road crap hitting it and making it stick or slide off instead of bouncing off and causing misery on some other surface.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Hmm! It is the same stuff that audio engineers use inside speaker enclosures to deaden sound. I once had a pair of English made "Leak" speakers that had the same type of bitumen inside. Great sound from them. If it deadens sound hitting it, I imagine the same laws of physics would apply to road crap hitting it and making it stick or slide off instead of bouncing off and causing misery on some other surface.
Yes I'm sure you're right. I noticed at the dealer yesterday they had a CX-5 and it had the furry stuff at the back where it is opposite to the interior and plain plastic at the front.

Can't fit the word of the day in there so I'll just have to confess how much I like the smell of bitumen. In fact when they are resurfacing a road I could actually hang about like some sort of groupie waiting for an autograph. Did anybody notice how good a new camera smells when you open the box or is it just me?

Has this gone off topic? Where's the moderators when you need them?;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts