Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On this episode of stuff I regret buying,
I recently bought the aem intake with the headshield etc all that fancy bs. My main reason for getting this was the old rubber iintake tubing being severely discolored and as was the past experience with my old mazda 6 it quickly developed an air leak. I didnt want to deal with this so I figured a metal tube intake would be ideal and it is imo but the sound is crap. I didnt buy this for 'gainz' or noise but for a legitimate reason to replace that rubber tubing but now Im throwing the oem intake back on and just buying replacement tubing if the time comes. My loss is your gain

Its been about a day of usage of about 3-4 miles and I dont want to deal with it anymore. Cant return it and dont want to be that guy trying to pawn off an intake so instead of keeping it on a shelf to forever collect dust, im doing the same thing as with my old ko2 tires. Free for local pickup in southern Connecticut area.

Ill consider shipping it if you prepay a label as I still have the original aem box it came with and can toss it on that but Im not going to put myself in a position where I am risking money in giving something away for free. None of that paypal shenanigans or international shipping pls.

NOTE: idk why the thing said you can reuse the old snorkel. Idk if mine is deformed but the hole for the snorkel did not align to fit in the aem heatshield. I have a feeling they might have messed up since its also apparetly works for 1.5l engines too which does not make sense but I suspect thats where the snorkel sizing might have been off. So as it stands the intake works, has barely any usage and if its installed you wont be able to use the old snorkel (which is not really going to do anything except for looks honestly since its sucking in air from the surrounding space of the cone filter and not the oem snorkel inlet.

Attachments

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
-Reinstalled oem intake again as you can see the decrepit rubber which is going to be replaced soon.
-Wrapped intake parts in plastic and kept the hardest part of the install process on (end connector is on the intake and gasket is on heatshield)
-Reinstallation for you will be even easier seeing as instructions are super convoluted.
-The original instructions are also included is all paperwork
-Everything is in a box and for reference the weight is 9lbs for when they shipped it to me if needed. Box size is 12" deep x 12" high x 20" wide

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
550 Posts
@NotAPreppie is there a reason the items in plastic wrap in a box are showing up with a nsfw tag..?
I'm not even sure how to look into that with the new forum software but I'll ask the admins.

Best guess is the color/sheen of the orange plastic looking like something out of a adult website.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts