Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Am I right when I see that the CX3 does not offer a center armrest console when all the other mazda vehicles do ? Disappointing for me. Over all the vehicle is better than the Honda's HR-V coming out, but that it will not offer one is disappointing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many thanks for the link. Did read this a bit back, and was useful. Hope Mazda offers an armrest when this is released but doubt it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Many thanks for the link. Did read this a bit back, and was useful. Hope Mazda offers an armrest when this is released but doubt it.

doesn't seem all that likely to happen
instead they might make it standard in some future year model

but i wonder what's their reason for not including it in the first place.

·
Registered
122 Posts
doesn't seem all that likely to happen
instead they might make it standard in some future year model

but i wonder what's their reason for not including it in the first place.
Yea it seems pretty annoying that they didn't include it. Not sure what their excuse could be. Its not like it would have been expensive. I'm sure reviewers will criticize them for that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Am I right when I see that the CX3 does not offer a center armrest console when all the other mazda vehicles do ? Disappointing for me. Over all the vehicle is better than the Honda's HR-V coming out, but that it will not offer one is disappointing.
This is ridiculous.... the Golf R's center console didn't work here in the US. Luckily we found a hack.

Sad this is an "accessory"... its ridiculous... :mad:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Honestly guys, I don't know what all the fuss is about. On my 2014 CX-5 its so low and far back it is of little use as an arm rest. The elbow is nowhere near it while driving. The CX-3 has that "commander control" knob which might further compromise its positioning. I notice the 2016 CX5 armrest has a big notch out of it so the arm has room to work that commander control, and there is more room in its cockpit than in the CX3.
I would miss the small item storage it provides however, and the cup holders are so far back they will be an awkward reach.

There are always compromises in design for proper ergonomics but the I-Drive type control knob positioning was given priority as it should be. I Don't like touch screens.
Maybe the armrest was made optional because some folks might find it too intrusive when combined with the other design elements.

·
Registered
190 Posts
This is something I'll ask the dealer when I go in for a test drive and purchase. I'm just curious at this point.

Touch screens don't bother me generally as long as they are used for the right stuff and knobs and buttons are used for more common controls that you might want to change on the fly while driving.

·
Registered
30 Posts
We took delivery of our CX3 last week here in Australia and did not get the centre console/arm rest because of the cost - could not justify it. But the car is short of storage space in the cabin. We will be looking at what else is available down the track.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Took a loaded AWD GT for a test drive today. It had the center fold-down armrest. It sits high above the cup holders so theoretically you should be able to use the armrest and cup holders at the same time as long as the cups were short enough. You would have to raise the armrest to get to your cup.

·
Registered
195 Posts
The dashboard cubby in the passnger side should be able to hold most of your things if not a bit inconvenient but I guess it'll be an incentive to keep random bits and pieces out of your car.

·
Registered
149 Posts
We took delivery of our CX3 last week here in Australia and did not get the centre console/arm rest because of the cost - could not justify it. But the car is short of storage space in the cabin. We will be looking at what else is available down the track.
How much are they charging for the arm rest?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts