Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
It is supposed to be for your smart phone. Useless as "teats on a bull" in my opinion.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Depends what year. The 2019 redesigned interior has a holder for a weird cup holder cassette thing that you can stash there when you're not using it, or put in the middle for a second (arguably better) cup holder.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Putting a phone in there is a recipe for disaster IMHO. It has a metal clamp that exerts quite a bit of pressure on the screen as if daring you to put it there and watch it crack! That is why I put my driver's licence in a leather holder in there held in place by the metal clamp. On the odd time (very odd for me) when a policeman asks for licence and registration, POOF! It is in my hand in a jiffy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So, I just had my armrest replaced under warranty because the clip broke. They kept asking "what do you mean the phone holder?". Finally the service guy said "oh, the spot in front of the armrest? Thats for a garage door opener." I felt like an idiot....until I went home and tried fitting in my opener. I have no idea WHAT opener would work in there, but mine sure as heck didn't. I can't find documentation on it anywhere. confused.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts