Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm from Canada and it's been snowy/cold lately. Anyways my mom was sitting in the back seat when she complained about water dripping on her head. After her discovery, I had to check it myself. She was correct about her statement. I attached pictures to show you guys what it looks like. I called my dealership and awaiting for a call back. Does anyone know what may be the cause of this??? Anything would help! This vehicle isn't even 6 months old! Ughhhh

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The look on the other side. Ughhhhhh so annoying.

Attachments

·
Registered
234 Posts
From the pics that could possibly be leaks. Is it soaked? Do u notice anything on the roof near the rubber gutters that may pose a leak there? This looks like a manufacturer defect but let us know what the dealership says. I'll look into this myself and see if anyone else anywhere also reported this and if there is a technical service bulletin for it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yikes.. my cx-3 is okay so far. No leaks. I go through an automatic touchless wash daily too.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I think it's dried up... I looked above my car and there's nothing out of the ordinary. It's just so weird to me because the leak appears like it's staying in that area... I checked it again and feels like it dried up a bit. Thank you, any info about this issue will be great!

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Just replied on the UK forum but I wonder if the car has been left near trees with the sunroof open and the seeds/leaves have blocked the drain tubes.

Reactions: mazdatech10

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ahh I forgot to add that I do have a sunroof and the heater was on full blast... Possibly melted the frozen condensation on my sunroof and somehow the water leaked out??? I just started my car with the heater on blast and will wait till the condensation melts to see if it is the determining culprit... If so... Then there must be a plug in the draining system. Damn winters!!!

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I doubt there is enough frost to cause all that mess but you could try opening the sunroof and make sure those drains look clear. Don’t poke anything down them or you’ll never get it out.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
do you happen to know what these drains look like on a sunroof?? Can you take a pic of your vehicle? THANKS!!

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
It's possible but for water to get to them the sunroof would have to be open. I've seen this before when the sunroof has been left tilted for ventilation, under a tree and all the seeds or leaves have got into the sunroof opening. Another possibility is the gutters but water shouldn't be able to get in there.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I don't believe the sunroof forms a waterproof seal when closed. Its natural for some water to enter the channel when closed and then drain normally. I suspect that due to the weather, water froze in the drain channel causing the leak. Thats my best guess without tearing into the car.

I'd park it in a garage and let things dry out if possible. Then see if it happens again.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No color leak... I even pressed it a bit and tried to smell it. No odor of any sort. Just smelt like water.... Mind you, it's all dry already. But i want this fixed so that it never happens again! Ughh and my dealership hasn't returned my email.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I know this is an old thread - in an older car of mine I had water leaking from the ceiling. turned out to be a missing rubber washer in the roof aerial that was getting into the roof space. at the time the car was still under warranty so got it fixed for free at the dealership.

Hope you got it sorted.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My bathroom ceiling is leaking from past few days and i have tried many sealant but can't be able to fix it.I am on rent right now , so it's the owner's duty to fix that problem or i have to call the waterproofing contractor to fix it. Can you please suggest advice on it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts