Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
I just read that yesterday. The Fiat is terrible! I can't believe it ranked so well - but Cars.com folks aren't really enthusiasts and didn't seem to factor in reliability even though it was mentioned.

Fine tho with the pros/cons they gave the CX3. The pros are what is most important to me in my vehicle.

I agree the CX3 can get pricey but when you max out a VX, they are priced the same and the CX3 still gives you LED lighting, projector headlamps, HUD, rain sensing wipers and so on. Pretty good in my book!

Also, the HRV is actually decent looking in red. Best color for it.

Thanks for posting the article!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, the pros are exactly why I bought the car as well. :) It was funny to me that I was reading the reviews of the higher ranked vehicles and saying to myself "Ew, I wouldn't want that car." Then I remembered that I bought the car that I wanted for the reasons that I wanted it, lol.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Subaru XV is a jacket up Compact wagon. Not even in the same class.
Also seen the crap interior and the price tag. Ride quality is "Better" only because it is not wearing 18" wheels like the CX-3, which is one of many reasons I got Touring over CX-3 GT.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Thanks for posting.

If you look at the judges' numbers, the CX-3 comes in second (often tied with another vehicle, but not always the same one) on most of the rankings. This isn't far off from the recent Consumer Reports review and is even a bit more kind to the Multimedia system.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I don't really see how somebody can be critical of the size - it is what it is. Do they expect to look inside a small car and see a big interior. I wonder if they tested a Tardis.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I don't really see how somebody can be critical of the size - it is what it is. Do they expect to look inside a small car and see a big interior. I wonder if they tested a Tardis.
I agree - if size is the issue I would have looked at CX-5 or similar.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I use to take my motorcycle to a flea market and ride home looking the Beverly Hillbillies. If you value cubic feet... Buy the HRV. If you value the drive... Buy the CX3.

My son-in-laws father is the general manager at a local Honda dealership. He offered me a HRV at a good price. I wanted to like it... It really tried to like it... I couldn't see driving it for the next 100k miles. I am happy with my choice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts