Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!
We just purchased a 2015 CX-3 Diesel AWD Manual two weeks ago, and today I finished installing the CarPlay kit using the video here as a guide
and also with some help from this guide here Installing Android Auto / Apple Carplay retrofit in Mazda CX3 - Technicus

I’ve just stupidly realised that Mazda tells you to put the wiring down the passenger side. I went the drivers side, following as best I could (I hope anyway) the main wiring the original USB cable went. I put the excess wire behind the CMU.

Could this be an issue though? Am I running any unnecessary risks going down that side?
I haven’t been for a long drive yet, so I don’t know about any rattling. Although it’s all insulated so I can’t imagine any issues there.

Really I’m just checking if I should rip everything out again and re cable it.

Please let me know your thoughts!

Kr,

Phil

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just did this install today, you should be fine. After I ran the new cable from the CMU to the new usb hub, I only used one zip tie to secure the rolled up extra wiring to a random brace behind the the glove box.

Mazda's directions are seriously extra and not following them to the T isn't going to make a difference. I didn't foam tape the entire length of wires, used only 1 of the many included zip ties and I shortcutted the center console removal via the "drill hack". More info on what that is here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks TNTRMSKD, since then I’ve taken the car on the highway, no rattles or anything at 130kmph/80mph, so I think it’s fine as you said. The drill method, good work! I’d have stuffed it up.
Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
1 Posts
We just purchased a 2015 CX-3 Diesel AWD Manual two weeks ago, and today I finished installing the CarPlay kit using the video here as a guide the food website is

1 - 4 of 4 Posts