Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day,

Apologies but I seen some discussions on this but could not find a part number for here in Oz for either of the above items. I thought someone from down here had ordered one through a local Mazda dealer. Spoke with the spare parts today but could not find any part numbers, any assistance would be appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
49 Posts
I tried looking up the parts yesterday and found the same parts fiche that st3v3cx-3 found. I don't think any of those parts are what he wants. I have a 2016 CX-3 GT and in my Canadian version there is a plastic tray located between the spare tire and the cargo floor. This part is the full width of the cargo area for some reason it does not show in the parts diagram. I believe this might be what the OP is asking about. Later today I'll pull the tray out of the car and look to see if there are any part numbers on it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Malks, you are correct. St3v3cx-3 provided the cover in his link for the plastic tray. I appreciate your time and effort.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just looked at the cargo area in my CX-3 and the tray below the cargo floor is not plastic. I guess I was remembering my Tribute, which did have a plastic tray.
Still, my CX-3 does have a second floor between the spare tire and the cargo floor and that is where I keep extra tools and other stuff so it's out of the way. This lower floor does not seem to show on the parts fiche, it is made of some kind of fibre board and has a felt material stuck to the top. The underside has high density foam blocks that sit on the spare tire. I took a few photos to show the panel that sits on top of the spare.

Looking in the trunk with the cargo cover in place.

Above photo is looking at the lower floor with the cargo cover removed.

The under side of the lower floor. The grey blocks sit on the spare tire.

An enlargement of the part number on the lower floor.

The above photo is the part number on the underside of the cargo cover.

I hope this is what you were asking about. Sorry about the confusion with my earlier reply.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just looked at the cargo area in my CX-3 and the tray below the cargo floor is not plastic. I guess I was remembering my Tribute, which did have a plastic tray.
Still, my CX-3 does have a second floor between the spare tire and the cargo floor and that is where I keep extra tools and other stuff so it's out of the way. This lower floor does not seem to show on the parts fiche, it is made of some kind of fibre board and has a felt material stuck to the top. The underside has high density foam blocks that sit on the spare tire. I took a few photos to show the panel that sits on top of the spare.

View attachment 23467
Looking in the trunk with the cargo cover in place.
View attachment 23460
Above photo is looking at the lower floor with the cargo cover removed.
View attachment 23461
The under side of the lower floor. The grey blocks sit on the spare tire.
View attachment 23463
An enlargement of the part number on the lower floor.
View attachment 23468
The above photo is the part number on the underside of the cargo cover.

I hope this is what you were asking about. Sorry about the confusion with my earlier reply.
Excellent, thanks for the photographs. I have the lower floor, albeit without the foam. i Thought there was a plastic tray but must be mistaken. The bit I am now missing is what you describe as the cargo cover, any details on that one? It is in the link provided before so may need to just chase that up.

Not sure where you saw the avatar or which one it is, I am currently riding a 2016 FJR1300P White in colour (ex Police bike). I did have a ST100 then moved to the ST1300 which is still in the garage waiting for me to put it back together and sell.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The part I was referring to as the cargo cover is part 11 in the diagram from the link, which Mazda calls the trunk lining. This piece is about an inch thick and has a handle cut into it that allows you to easily lift it out of the trunk. It is reversible, with carpet on one side and an easy to clean plastic material on the underside. This part is quite sturdy and sits on the plastic ledges that stick out an inch or so from the side walls in the trunk, as seen in the second photo.

The lower floor with the foam blocks is the part I thought you were looking for because it does not appear in the parts diagram. This part is made of a lighter fibre board with felt or carpet glued to the upper side. It sits directly on the spare tire and the foam blocks provide support so it doesn't sag when supporting any weight.

Now that I think of it do you have a full size spare or a space saver tire? A full size spare would likely need the extra space where the lower floor sits and would not allow it to be used. Here's a photo of my trunk area with both floors removed.

As much as I dislike space saver tires, this has provided additional storage for tools, bungee cords, a tarp and other stuff below the floor in the trunk.

·
Registered
235 Posts
To clarify the items on the link I posted earlier. Mazda call the bottom one (item 12) the Trunk Mat and the same part number - DB3R-68-81XA-02 - for either the 7 speaker systems (with the Bose sub-woofer) or for the 4/6 speaker system (without the Bose). Above this (item 11) is what Mazda call the Trunk Lining and this has 2 part numbers - DB3N-68-83X-02 (with Bose) or DB3N-68-83XB-02 (without Bose). The lower floor in Malks posting is what Mazda calls the Trunk Mat and the cargo cover in Malks posting is what Mazda calls the Trunk Lining.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you both for your fantastic assistance, now hang onto your seats for this one....the cost for the "Trunk Lining" here in Oz $700+ !!! back to the wrecking yards for me.
again appreciate you time.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thank you both for your fantastic assistance, now hang onto your seats for this one....the cost for the "Trunk Lining" here in Oz $700+ !!! back to the wrecking yards for me.
Wow! The price on that link shows just over US$200, which in CDN$ is close to $400. And here I though prices were high in Canada! This is why I'm looking around for a more reasonable price on roof rails and crossbars. Those suckers are over CDN$600 and I'm not about to spend that!
Good luck in the wrecking yards.

·
Registered
235 Posts
That is a right rip off !!! I thought those US prices in my link which work out at Oz $413 list or Oz $294 discounted seem a steal. Although for a bit of board covered in cloth even those US prices are completey ridiculous. How Mazda can justify it is beyond me. I expect Mazda UK prices would be equally as farcical. Best of luck in your search for one from a wrecking yard.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts