Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Potentially idiot question, but is the tonneau cover designed to be stored in the insanely small hidden cargo area? Mine seems a bit large for said space.
A] retractable cover would have been better. (gripe, gripe)

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
You have to put the lip facing forward and tuck it close to the back of the seats.

Reactions: riosx2013

·
Registered
240 Posts
When I remove mine, I flip it so the underside of the tonneau cover faces up. So I still have a small area to place little things under the false floor.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Cool idea. Didn't realize it fit. I'll have to try it on the GT

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I've already tried Rampant's method without success. Will also try Anchorman's.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Funny how that lip thing works since you'd think that goes towards the outside as is with a lot of vehicles and things in general, sure to confuse a lot of folks out there, guys at the dealer are probably getting a lot of these questions :D

·
Registered
240 Posts
@CX-ME, I will check again to make sure I wasn't sniffing too much glue the day I did that :) Maybe I screwed up.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Well I went and tried mine after work, and I was able to lift the False Floor (not the flap to the spare) and I was able to lay my cover down face up inside there. I am wondering if the space is different between The GS and the GT Level. Maybe the spare and the Bose subwoofer take up more space??

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Yes good point. I have the sub floor carpets for both with and without the spare wheel. The one that I'm using with the wheel has a ring of foam blocks that hold it up off the wheel. The original one that is now stored has none.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Well I went and tried mine after work, and I was able to lift the False Floor (not the flap to the spare) and I was able to lay my cover down face up inside there. I am wondering if the space is different between The GS and the GT Level. Maybe the spare and the Bose subwoofer take up more space??
I suspect the subwoofer is the issue. Not sure how the trims affect the trunk layout in Canada and U.K.

·
Registered
70 Posts
It's ideal if you're an architect and you want to carry your plans flat, otherwise not much point.

As for the Bose sub, on the GT it's your spare's hubcap:

- Ben

·
Registered
48 Posts
It was mentioned in one video (from a Mazda dealer in Canada) that with the Bose subwoofer you cannot put the floor in the lower position so likely the issue with the cover as well.
With the non Bose equipped, (they say), you can put the false floor in the lower position for (slightly) more cargo room.
(Snapping the cover on and off makes me wonder how long those plastic posts will last before breaking off.)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi All,

I've only recently come accross the thread with the floor board (extra shelf) in the forum.
So here the CX-3 doesn't come with that extra bit in the trunk. Whether you have the BOSE sub or not.

So, does anyone have the dimensions of it, with the little holders so that it stands in trunk when lifted? Then I can make one, importing one will be too costly.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.