Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I find that the the tiny lamp on the right side of the cargo area is almost unhelpful in providing illumination.
Has anyone tried adding more lamps to brighten up thier cargo bay?
Has anyone tried using something like this setup? It uses two LED lamps that I think replaces the panels for the taillight access.

·
Registered
71 Posts
True story!
The positioning and the bulb are not a good combination.
Swap out the bulb to a brighter type. Thats what I did, used a cool blue LED makes a huge difference.
I also changed the interior lights (front 2 driver and passenger map reading lights) and the middle dome light.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True story!
The positioning and the bulb are not a good combination.
Swap out the bulb to a brighter type. Thats what I did, used a cool blue LED makes a huge difference.
I also changed the interior lights (front 2 driver and passenger map reading lights) and the middle dome light.
I am thinking more of adding additional lights. I have seen a video of a CX-5 owner, who installed lamps on the 5th door panels. I am thinking of doing the same. But I wanted to do more research and find other options or get some feedback from anyone who has done the same setup.

Youtube video of CX-5 here.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I got it from the above link a year ago. No issues with BSM so far. The instalation was not so easy, because they provide an adapter socket for your original cargo light which didn't match mine so I have to cut it. I left the cargo light working together with new lights installed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is the lamp housing an exact fit to where the removable plastic panels where or are there gaps between the housing and the door panel?
How was brightness level. Was the cargo cover in the way of the lights when the hatch is all the way up?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts