Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is said that "It only worth what some body is prepared to pay for it"
if you beleive that to be true ,then, you most likely end up giving it away.
When it comes to car value , it become a matter of opinion as viewed by :-

The devorce lawyer.
the Lending banker.
The seller .
The buyer.
The estate department
The insurance company.
The garage mechanic.
The car sales man.
The bargain hunters.
The presumed life expectancy.
The auctioneer quest for value.
The economy.
Previous sales.
Service records

The list is endless let me include AGE.

When we talk about insurance, why do people hair stand on end?

AGE .....well some antique cars are sold for more than the orrigional cost .
Old Car restoration, is where thousands are spent to make like new.
What are some of the determining factors here ?
Milage, how many mile does the car have or how many times the oil has been changed.
How much smoke come out of the tailpipe
Age, or how many estimated or presumed years , weeks days the car has left
Condition , or has the car been cared for and does the car need repainting and so on.
Colision damage , minor or major, changes value.
All that goes up in smoke, when the prudent purchaser come into the picture.

The question here , is ,all about Milage.
You are selling Milage ! or what ever milage is anticipated is left in the car as it gets older and out of fashion in say 3 to 5 years

Some may know, many don't know ,how much milage they expire over an annual period.

All the seller and buyer have to do is the numbers game based on the original cost.
Every body has their own opinion on value for money and the twain shall never meat.

Please answer this question
Why does a new car loose two years of it value when it leaves the show room .

May be you can ask the insurance company. Why !

MAZDA CX3 Soul red 2 ltr auto
A lady told be that my car was a week old i told her it was 36 weeks old
She thought that i was playing mind games on her.
She told me she loves red cars.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
CAR VALUE Part 2.
There is a need for me to be very impartial here.
In reference to car value, may I compare that to realestate value where I did very well selling homes for 10 years, the reason for this , I was brutally honest , with the facts which all ended by the 2008 recession.
Prior to that I was a mortgage offices at at bank. During those periods I learned every trick in the book good and bad.

Many valuers use previouse sales of other realestate to guide them to a realistic value, however there is a seller / buyer grey area .

The only way to overcome this debatable grey area is compremise the price, some times half a cake is better than no cake at all, regardless ,how painfull compremise negotiations can be.

The golden rule is, never sell junk!

Buyers decide in their own mind that they want the car , their next trick is "what can they get it for".
You have to bend a little simply because the buyer needs to tell their friends they got a bargain.
There comes a time in the cars life span regardless of care given by the owner over time where the car become undesirablre to others, therefore the owner should keep the vehicle until the end days.
How to make a old car feel like new INSTALL NEW TIRES. have a detailer prep the car.

Never try to sell a dirty car.

Start the engine make the car come alive .

Show the car........................................ then step away.

A PICTURE and STATISTICS in a presentable folder helps.

Good luck. !

CX 3 Soul red 2 ltr. auto

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DEPRECIATED VALUE
Here is a graph you could use to plot depreciation from zero to 100% over a period of 15 years you could stop at 5 years however cars don't have heart atacks and die over night. See how things go south after 10 years.

I once had a car for ten years the second owner had it for another 12 years, what does that tell you ?

CX 3 SOUL RED 2ltr auto.
Non turbo ( dont like "T"s .) never did ! the car is 3 years old looks new and drive sames as the same as I bought it yesterday.
i almost got a CX30 based on looks . My CX3 has got lots of man power. Same tires.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TENNIS BALLS
Place a Tennis Ball under the arms of your windscreen wipers in order to promote longer blade life.

CX3
Soul Red 2 ltr.
Bermuda

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DEPRECIATED VALUE
Here is a graph you could use to plot depreciation from zero to 100% over a period of 15 years you could stop at 5 years however cars don't have heart atacks and die over night. See how things go south after 10 years. View attachment 23731
I once had a car for ten years the second owner had it for another 12 years, what does that tell you ?

CX 3 SOUL RED 2ltr auto.
Non turbo ( dont like "T"s .) never did ! the car is 3 years old looks new and drive sames as the same as I bought it yesterday.
i almost got a CX30 based on looks . My CX3 has got lots of man power. Same tires.
CAR VALUE PART THREE
There is competition in the car buying market even before the car rolls off the assembly line .

Some in the industry rely on brand name others rely on engine power while still others realy on eye appeal.

The point here is there is a car available for every one, well !not exactly every one, where car cost are beyond the reach of many.

You may considder removing family junk and all store bought gadgets the car should look the same as you bought it.

Now we are talking about money and buying and selling cars subject to boan loans which escalate the final cost of the car most likely putting the resale value out of reach.

Sorry ! loan interest is not recoverable.

My answer to that is "keep the car" most likely it has become out of fashion any way, all that takes is 3 years where the designers add bling to make the cars look interesting , owners do that by changing out wheels and
tires an easy fix for sure .
What is the answer ? simply put its MARKETING with that all you have to do is clearly state the vehicle facts and price,the car will sell its self forget about the tricks of the trade treat the potential buyers the way you woul like to be treated fair an honest.
FIX WHAT YOU KNOW NEED FIXING.

Do not unload your problem car.
Do not turn on the sterio you are not selling music.

Guess what ! time of year matters ,you have only got 30 days to make it all happen,because you will get timed out.

CX 3 soul red. Three years old, looks better than new, and drives the same way.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CAR VALUE PART 4

The tire kicker
Most likely the tire kicker will make the hair stand up on end , usualy they go round your car looking for :-
[1] What is wrong with it, so they can tell you what is.
[2] These types will also look to find what your car does not have and tell you about it.
[3] Tire kickers dont realy kick tires as such they will complain about any and every thing even the manufacturer.
[4] Question time they will ask you all kinds ob questions all designed to make the car look bad.
[5] they will open everything ,slam doors, leave the bonet unlocked after checking the oil.
[6] Never invite a buyer to your home always arrange to show the car at a neutral location, say at a gas station, allow 15 minutes no more time for late arrival.
[7] Be prepared for a haggle and be firm know your bottom price.
most like that " bargain hunter "person has seen several cars before yours dont get you hopes up.

Had enough !
All you are looking for is only that one person who wants your car, they will tell you by their complements.
You have a Mazda, so you know that you have a good quality car.
Close the sale.
Think about how you will get your money try for a 10 % depsot, money talks.
Make arrangements for completion.
You will know when you have got a tire kicker right from square one by his initial "devil may care attitude" you have a problem for which there is only one solution .
[7] Say nothing.
Get in you car.
Start it up.
Quietly drive away .

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
POTHOLES ~~~~~~~~~~~ ouch ! ~~~~~~~~
Living here in Bermuda i have become the resident expert in the science of pot holes .
This is not a laughing matter, yet !
Pot Holes come in all sizes and shapes , in some cases , i hear ,that some are of epic proportions some what comparable to a miniature Grand Canyon.
For those who are not familiar with the term Pothole one could describe that as an imperfection in the road.
Then there is your favorite name changes if you drive you car over a Pot Hole at night,.

First of all let me be clear potholes are not your friend , to your car tires and / or suspension which will get trashes, tires take a beating as splits will occur between the treads and some deterioration of the side wall will happen, at worst your rims will also take a beating as the tire bottoms out.

What causes potholes ? They are not Magic !.

The several of many main causes which create the holes are , hydraulics , extra heavy overloaded vehicles, not forgetting old roads and poor quality repair work.
Hydraulics happens from rain water / water being forces into the asphalt by large tires as the non compressible water has no where to go so it breaches the asphalt and get progressively worse over a short period of time ,like the hole was not there yesterday.

How do you know when you car goes over a pot hole you get a bill from the hospital.

The possible Solutions
1. Talk to your politician in a pleasant manner, better still send him / her a letter requesting a reply.
2. Know where all the Potholes are.
3. Stay out of the pot holes especially the big ones, that also included man hole covers
4. Kept an inventory of Pot Holes near where you live you will need a calculator for that or a young elephant.
5. Fix them at your own expence.
6 . Sign a petition against rumble strips and potholes and make up a banners
7. Put up signs " Beware of wild Pot Holes "

8. You may find you self having to increasing your cars tire pressure to preserve tire bottoming out and trashing the rims.
You have three other options
Increase speed during the day
or
Decrease speed for night driving.

or

stay home

Mazda C X 3 Soul Red with split tires.
BERMUDA

1 - 7 of 7 Posts