Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the sTouring model and the seats are wonderful. I'd like to protect them with covers but cannot see any "official" CX-3 products in the online accessories mazda offers. Has anyone had any experience with generic covers - sheepskin/wool fleece?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Just checked the Mazda Oz website and noticed they are not on there any more.

100% certain it was offered as an accessory a few months ago. When I bought mine in April 15 they tried to sell me a set, and I have seen that just about every Maxx trim level car in Sydney has them fitted.

You should try ebay and see if any of the Mazda sellers still have old stock. They are nice, solid black with the CX-3 logo in white on each seat.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks everyone for advice. After googling "sheepskin seat cover CX-3" I found a local Manufacturer who is proced competitively $290AUD. Called him up to double check fit and airbag compliant. I will post a photo in week or so. Such a fantastic car, only 250km on it so far and learning it is a delight.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I had the genuine ones fitted when we bought our CX-3 however they really are rubbish so you are not missing much. By the way you don't need open sided seat covers to be airbag compliant. Most have sacrificial stitching that easily breaks should a side airbag deploy. This setup meets the requirements of the Australian Design Rules.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Try <sheepskinstuff.com>. I have covers from them that are for the front seats. They attach to the seats with elastic fabric straps and they are indeed thick and luxurious! I had them on my Subaru Forester and they are so warm you should not even need to turn on the seat warmers no matter how cold it gets. The company is based in Vancouver but I believe there is a U.S. office as well.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Huh, I'm the opposite, I like the seats way too much to cover them up! Putting seat covers on will cheapen the look in my opinion.

Agreed! We're all different but I want to enjoy the new aspects of the car while new, not hide them! I'd look at covers if/when wear occurred or temporarily with pets etc.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Seat covers can look good, protect the original seat etc, but I am in the camp of leaving them alone.

I did note in Australia that only the top model (Akari) with all bells and whistles gets real leather (at least on facing surfaces). The others get Maztech leather.

Assume Maztech is a manufactured, leather mix but obviously the legal department made them be very specific which models had leather.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Huh, I'm the opposite, I like the seats way too much to cover them up! Putting seat covers on will cheapen the look in my opinion.

Here's some on eBay that look decent though:
Mazda CX3 Drivers Front Seat Cover New Genuine 2015 Accessories DK11ACSCF | eBay
These are the ones that are rubbish. They constantly lift up on the sides and have to be refitted almost daily. I guess that is why they are no longer shown as an accessory on the Mazda Australia website.

·
Registered
893 Posts
These are the ones that are rubbish. They constantly lift up on the sides and have to be refitted almost daily. I guess that is why they are no longer shown as an accessory on the Mazda Australia website.
I'm pretty sure this is the case with all seat covers, unless you have it custom fit to your car and tie it down to the seats.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm pretty sure this is the case with all seat covers, unless you have it custom fit to your car and tie it down to the seats.
That is not true from my experience. I have had seat covers on about 8 of my previous cars including the two in my current garage (Mondeo and Civic) and regardless of genuine (Honda) or generic aftermarket (Ford) they fit like a glove and do not lift up or move.

The ones for the CX-3, which are on mine, ARE genuine which implies a custom fit and by that fact should remain on without daily attention. The reality is that they are a poor attempt by Mazda to provide an allegedly custom seat cover at a premium cost. The realisation that they no longer advertise them as a genuine accessory, would in my opinion, reflect the level of negative feedback they have received about them.

·
Registered
451 Posts
The main reason that I no longer use seat covers is that I have not found any that fit properly. The common problem for me is the wrestling match I have with the side of the covers to get my seatbelt into the clasp and get it securely snapped in.

The second reason is that I really love the white and black two-tone genuine leather seat faces. They really reflect class, and unless the seat covers are as classy, I don't want them. I haven't found any that fall into that category.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Greetings to all owners of Mazda vehicles and other models of cars:D! I use leather seat covers, and haven't car seat warming system, so i wan't to buy it ( Wagan IN9438-2 12V Heated Seat Cushion with Lumbar Support ) So here i want to ask, does this Car Heat Warmer can damage my leather covers or not? And whether or not to buy it?0:)
With best regards John!
If the car is a GT version it has Altantara type material which is a polyester blend material and heat can not damage it. Real leather on the other hand can become brittle and start to crack if exposed to too much heat over long periods. I know, I had a Rover 2000 with real leather seat surfaces. I had a small plug-in heater that I used to warm the car up before starting off and found later that the heater damaged the leather rather badly after being left on too long on cold winter mornings in Thunder Bay Ontario. If it is "Bonded" leather all bets are off. Bonded leather can either be almost like leather itself and last about as long or a cheap imitation material that breaks down fairly quickly and easily - like a massage chair I used to own that had a heating pad built in. You could smell the stuff start to burn and melt.:eek:

·
Registered
138 Posts
I just put a towel down and have for every car I have owned.My last car after ten years of ownership showed very little wear on the seats.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've seen custom seat covers from companys like Coverking and Caltrend. But since those are based in the US, and I Live in Europe I have not tried those.

If anyone sees reasonably good custom covers available in Europe I would be glad to find out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts