Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

Calgary AB, Canada

4K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  tekbis 
#1 ·
Hello!
Well, the 2nd Jeep I've ever owned was tired. Wanted to downsize a bit and move to an import.
Delivery taken of a 2018 CX-3 AWD, Luxury Option + iActiveSense in Eternal Blue Mica (seems to be slightly different naming for other countries).

Originally I walked in looking at the CX-5 but found that it was just as big, if not a bit bigger, as my Jeep Liberty. So I went with the 3.
This car does not disappoint and am pretty glad I'm saving quite a bit on fuel now!
Planning to grab some aftermarket 18's or 19's for the summer and keep the 16's with my winter tires on them.

Suggestion for any of you thinking of a good winter tire or old winter tire replacement:
As you all know, the Yokohama all seasons that come installed are pretty non existent when the winter hits (mind you Calgary can get pretty extreme).
I opted to go with some Continental WinterContact SI's and have been pretty impressed.
We have been getting dumped on with snow then a Chinook will blow in giving the tires the full range of winter conditions.
They work quite well with the CX-3 AWD and are nice and quiet. Cornering, braking and acceleration are great. Just a stable confident tire!
I would really say on par with the Bridgestone Blizzaks (my 2nd choice).

Happy CXing all!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome, and while one of our happy group moved over to a CX-5, I agree with you, the CX-5 is simply too big.

Mazda's motto for the CX-3 could easily be Fun, Fun, Fun!!! Especially with snow tires in the snow :)

#3 ·
Thank you! If I had kids and all that I'd definitely be going for the CX5.
While the Jeeps was great, I didn't effectively use all that space. On the 3, a roof rack and Whispbar Aero will fix that when needed :)

#5 ·
@PandaG

Welcome

now that it did the melt & freeze cycle, enjoy the moguls on the road.

#6 ·
Haha!! no doubt!! it IS Olympic time so...moguls are extra special this year.
I'm just waiting to finally see the ass end of the car consistently without a layer of grime

#7 ·
How is you CX3 holding up now after almost 2 yrs into ownership? Any reliability issues? Was yours the GS trim? I just got mine 6 mos ago in white colour GS AWD with same pkgs as yours...however since built in 2019 came with AC & AA. Also got a great lease deal on it - $1300 manufacturer discounts and $1100 off MSRP from dealer plus zero% lease rate! So far have only less than 4K kms on odo...the Yoko OEM tires were ok during summer but I don’t think will do any good this winter so I changed to Nokian WRG4 all weather tires (winter rated)...just don’t have the storage and didn’t want to deal with twice a yr changeovers. Had them for a wk and so far so good as we got a 38cm dump of snow that day when I got the Nokian...quiet and better traction on snow/ice vs the Yokos

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.