Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased and signed for this car Yesterday! Canadian buyers, how long did it take for your car to come in!?

I got a Black on Black CX-3 AWD GT, my car salesman said it will all depend on how close they have one and could take a few weeks!

I don't want to wait!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Congratulations! I'm happy for all of you up in Canada that are getting your cars!

I have to wait a bit longer here in the US.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Awesome!

Congratulations. The dealers I've been speaking to in the GTA say they should come in around mid-July if you buy now. Not sure how certain they are though.
Why did you go with the GT, if you don't mind me asking? I'm debating between all trim levels.

·
Registered
98 Posts
May be a little off topic...
I can't find a site that has exact specs for each trim level for Canadian CX-3s.
Am looking to compare interior & exterior featues for each trim.
Can anyone point me to a site that has this info?

·
Registered
275 Posts
May be a little off topic...
I can't find a site that has exact specs for each trim level for Canadian CX-3s.
Am looking to compare interior & exterior featues for each trim.
Can anyone point me to a site that has this info?
I think Auto123.ca is one of the Canadian publications that stay on top of this stuff.

Then you can always try checking with the dealer to see what they have.

·
Registered
119 Posts
We test drove a CX-3 in Toronto on May 23 and ordered after the test drive. the dealer said 6 weeks minimum and up to 3 months. The cars are coming from Japan.

We had gone to the auto show just to see one and the new miata (i still own a 1990 miata). We had been following details online watching videos from Japan and Austrailia. My miata was bare bones basic, but it was about the drive not the gadgets but my new daily car, had all the trimming and i find in the end its worth it.

We will be going with the GT Tech, black leather, Ceramic Metalic. Here in Canada, the GT trim automatically comes with AWD. Still waiting from my insurance company, the car is not in the system, lol.

·
Registered
9 Posts
3 month wait?

Can I ask which dealer you went with? I've spoken with two who have said I'll have no problem receiving one by mid-July if I order now - I need it by then as I don't have a car now and start a new job then, so if it may be three months I may need to reconsider..

·
Registered
275 Posts
Can I ask which dealer you went with? I've spoken with two who have said I'll have no problem receiving one by mid-July if I order now - I need it by then as I don't have a car now and start a new job then, so if it may be three months I may need to reconsider..
You can always try getting them to contact you if anyone cancels their order, at least then you'll have another sooner way to get one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I finally ordered today. A GS AWD in Ceramic Metallic. Ordered today, the ship left Japan May 22, I'll have my car July 2 they say. Not bad at all! And we're VERY excited!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I signed for the car on the 30th of May and I'm picking it up on June 9th so just over a week to get it! Not bad at all!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I finally ordered today. A GS AWD in Ceramic Metallic. Ordered today, the ship left Japan May 22, I'll have my car July 2 they say. Not bad at all! And we're VERY excited!
JTLS,

If you don't mind telling, how much did you pay for it? I am planning to buy the same trim in the next couple of weeks (Toronto.) I hate dealing with car salesmen but I don't want to pay the first figure they ask for. I imagine since the car is new and they don't have huge inventory, they may not offer any discounts but I hope they can move on the the interest/financing rate.

Thanks.

·
Registered
119 Posts
We got 1% loyalty discount because I still have the original Miata, just did probably its last emissions test. See if dealers offer other discounts, some are posted on their website like Military discount, grad discount , etc. it's a new model, but doesn't hurt to ask for winter tires etc, tints, mats.

·
Registered
9 Posts
JTLS,

If you don't mind telling, how much did you pay for it? I am planning to buy the same trim in the next couple of weeks (Toronto.) I hate dealing with car salesmen but I don't want to pay the first figure they ask for. I imagine since the car is new and they don't have huge inventory, they may not offer any discounts but I hope they can move on the the interest/financing rate.

Thanks.
I did get a discount - the dealer makes $1795 on the MSRP for the GS trim (it's something like $1100 for the gx and $2300 for the GT) - two dealers separately told me that so either it's true or they've all agreed to say that's what they make for the purpose of negotiating. In any case, they knocked $1300 off the MSRP for me (so that they make $500 on it), and gave me 10% off any accessories. I got grad rebate too. I got the sense that the interest/financing rates aren't negotiable because they're set between Mazda Corporate and the bank, but I could be wrong!

The other thing they offered is 30% off the $700 rust proofing - not sure if that's worth it or not, and I'd love to hear others' thoughts on it!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts