Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I’ve just bought a new Maxx Sport on Monday and have noticed a burning rubber smell occasionally occurring after driving up a hill.
Has anyone else experienced this? Is it normal or should I be concerned?
Thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi,
I’ve just bought a new Maxx Sport on Monday and have noticed a burning rubber smell occasionally occurring after driving up a hill.
Thanks.
Does not sound normal to me. I would take it into the dealership to get it checked out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, thank you both of you for your replies. It hasn't happened again since, and the car's getting a check up at the end of the month so I think I'll leave it for now and keep an eye on it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You may be having an oil leak. This often causes the oil to enter the exhaust pipe. The pipe is hot while the car is running and you may get a strong smell. It's a common while driving uphill when you have to rev the engine more

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
Thanks.
Hi, I have a burning rubber smell also, it is coming though the vents when A/C and heat is on or just when car is in in park and been driving for little.

I took the car back 3 times now, said is a coating they put on engine, it was making me feel sick, giving me a bad headache and sick to stomach.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts