Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I backed into a telephone pole when I wasn't paying attention. the damage is a cracked rear bumper reflector and a tear in the bumper cover. I bought a reflector and to replace the broken one and was wondering if there is an easy to way to make the tear look better without replacing the bumper cover. thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I backed into a telephone pole when I wasn't paying attention. the damage is a cracked rear bumper reflector and a tear in the bumper cover. I bought a reflector and to replace the broken one and was wondering if there is an easy to way to make the tear look better without replacing the bumper cover. thanks!
Well, just because I am kind of cheap. First thing I would do, is it looks like there may be some wiring hanging out (if not, just tuck it back in). If you have to take it off to replace the reflector, heat it up with a heat gun and push it back into shape from the back. Personally, I like the rough look, I would get some zip-ties and drill some holes and give it some stitches (that also helps to keep it from cracking more). Or you can go from behind and get some small pieces of metal heat them up and melt them in from the back to help give it some strength and hold together. Thats me though, if you want to do it right you need to replace it. Just me thoughts on it. Good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
BRUH IM IN THE SAME SITUATION,
I got rear ended in LA hollywood, They play bumper cars over there! Im gonna end up swapping it out later but heat it up and strighten it out.
Funny we cracked our rear in the same place lol CX3 2019 Mazda AWD . I still need to get my Rear Axle checked .......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts